Another candidate to the Darwin awards

Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:
  1. Always and inevitably each of us underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
  2. The probability that a given person is stupid is independent of any other characteristic possessed by that person.
  3. A person is stupid if they cause damage to another person or group of people without experiencing personal gain, or even worse causing damage to themselves in the process.
  4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the harmful potential of stupid people; they constantly forget that at any time anywhere, and in any circumstance, dealing with or associating themselves with stupid individuals invariably constitutes a costly error.
  5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person there is.

Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:
  1. Always and inevitably each of us underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
  2. The probability that a given person is stupid is independent of any other characteristic possessed by that person.
  3. A person is stupid if they cause damage to another person or group of people without experiencing personal gain, or even worse causing damage to themselves in the process.
  4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the harmful potential of stupid people; they constantly forget that at any time anywhere, and in any circumstance, dealing with or associating themselves with stupid individuals invariably constitutes a costly error.
  5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person there is.

Since your statements state stupid as a singular, which one of the two is the stupid one? (stupider one?) The one that could have died from the paint ball in his throat, or the one that could have spent a large portion of his life in prison for premeditated murder with a paint ball gun?

In this case, perhaps the best way to sum up the video is:

Stupid is as stupid does. - Forrest Gump

I don't see how one could apply the -er to either. It's a toss-up. :dunno:

Well, I've watched it several times because I find it difficult to believe it wasn't faked.

1. Worst case, the shootee could have suffocated if the paint ball got lodged in his larynx.

2. Both parties were really calm, especially the shootee. The shooter had nothing to lose - except his freedom if the shootee died.

3. The shootee had his hands behind his back until the gun went off, then spun away from the camera. Perhaps he had a paint ball or balloon filled with something red?

I have no idea how much force a paintball gun has if it's not firing a ball. The CO2 coming out of it would be much less force than a paint ball.

:dunno::huh:

Well, I've watched it several times because I find it difficult to believe it wasn't faked.

1. Worst case, the shootee could have suffocated if the paint ball got lodged in his larynx.

2. Both parties were really calm, especially the shootee. The shooter had nothing to lose - except his freedom if the shootee died.

3. The shootee had his hands behind his back until the gun went off, then spun away from the camera. Perhaps he had a paint ball or balloon filled with something red?

I have no idea how much force a paintball gun has if it's not firing a ball. The CO2 coming out of it would be much less force than a paint ball.

I wondered the same, if it was faked. Either way it will either turn someone off or get them to try it. Average velocity is about 300 fps, about that of a daisy spring BB gun, just a larger surface area. Have gotten welts from ones that hit thinly covered areas. Swelling in the back of the throat could be possible I guess.

I wondered the same, if it was faked. Either way it will either turn someone off or get them to try it. Average velocity is about 300 fps, about that of a daisy spring BB gun, just a larger surface area. Have gotten welts from ones that hit thinly covered areas. Swelling in the back of the throat could be possible I guess.

I had been looking at it, as I was fearing that the shooter would shoot directly to the throat of the other guy, with the risk of choking him but it looks as he was aiming at the molars, which took the shot and broke the paintball.

So it looks as if they had realised that shooting directly to the throat could kill the guy :dunno: in any case it is a rather stupid, unconcious thing to do.