Wasn't expecting this...

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
So, we went on a little 1 night camping trip last friday and I thought for grins and giggles I'd set up my little trail cam out by the driveway to see what stopped by while I was gone.

I was expecting some rabbits, coyotes, maybe the guy in the brown truck, maybe the meter reader.

You know, Something like this...

FWW-0045.jpg

What I really did not expect was this... I never see these guys around the house. Generally down in the hay fields, yes, but not strolling nonchalantly down the driveway at midnight...

FWW-0015.jpg

Hey that just gave me a great idea. I think i am gonna get one for my backyard. Catch old nn sneaking around at night taking pics of my workshop.:rofl::rofl:

Very cool Brent. So you gotta hunt at night to get some buck.;)

Mulies are pretty much all we get out here in the West. We usually only see elk in the yard...kind of funny to see deer. Oh and the occasional mustang (and not the car) :thumb:

I grew up in mule deer country. When I see the little blacktail deer that tend to live around the fringes of LA, I'm amazed at how much smaller they are than the mulies. I've seen bigger goats. :p

No wonder a lot of whitetail hunters take several deer every year. It takes that many to fill the freezer. :D

I didn't realize you guys were at a high enough elevation to see elk. I thought they tended to stay farther up in the hills (6000+ foot elevation or so, as I recall), or at least that was the case in NM. It'd be very cool to have them traipsing through the yard.

We usually only see elk antelope in the yard

I didn't realize you guys were at a high enough elevation to see elk. I thought they tended to stay farther up in the hills (6000+ foot elevation or so, as I recall), or at least that was the case in NM. It'd be very cool to have them traipsing through the yard.

No elk here, but lots of antelope at times...

attachment.php

Attachments

• FWW-2284.jpg
    FWW-2284.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 43