New format?

Charles Hans

Since the change over to the new format I can only read the top half of every post title, the type is cut in half on every post.
Once opened everything is just fine it's the titles that are cut in half. Am I the only one here that has this problem?
Chuck

Since the change over to the new format I can only read the top half of every post title, the type is cut in half on every post.
Once opened everything is just fine it's the titles that are cut in half. Am I the only one here that has this problem?
Chuck

Charles, Not had any other complaints of that, sorry for the inconvenience. What browser/version are you using? Does the issue still occur if you change to the blue theme (use the field at the bottom of the forum page to change to VB4 Default)? Also, would you mind doing a print screen of what you are seeing for us and email it to the webmaster@familywoodworking.org address?

To do a print screen (in windows), hold Alt and press the Print Screen button, then paste it into outlook. If you don't have outlook, paste it into a new picture in Paint and save and attach it to an email.

Darren I am using the Latest version of Firefox on my I Mac. The cut off titles seem to only show up on the New Post page, all of the other pages work just as they always did. Really strange
Thanks for checking back with me
Charles

charles i think its option shift 3 for a mac:) to get a print screen

you should here it go click like a shutter closing:) and it will show up on your desktop as a pic:)

Charles, I got the screen shots, It looks like you're using either the Zoom feature of Firefox (under View>>Zoom, try zooming out) or an extra large font for the setup on your mac. If it's a large font setup, I'm not a mac person, so not sure how to adjust...maybe someone else can chime in on it. The fonts are getting clipped by the text below it (as Jason mentioned). Attached is Charle's screen print if anyone else can reproduce it on their Mac and let us know what to do to fix it...Thanks :wave:

P1030583 [640x480].JPG

Edit: had wrong pic...right one is there now.

Last edited:
charles go to your preferences on display and see if that will get you to a differnt font size,,once again no mac in frt of me just going on memory which is slipping:) monday will be back in frnt of the mac again:(

Very odd....

I'm on my iMac right now and everything is fine. I usually use Google Chrome as my browser, but fired up Firefox to check this out.
My "New Posts" page looked fine. Even when I used "Command-+" to zoom in my fonts to a ludicrously huge size it did not clip the fonts.
(Firefox 3.6.8 under Snow Leopard OS 10.6.8

Whups, my FF is way out of date. I just updated to FF 8.0 on my iMac, but it acts just the same.

Last edited:
Art, I thought it was odd, since this is the only place that it is happening, The zoom out feature that Darren suggested works fine, the fonts are just a little smaller, but only on this FWW site.
I can live with it like it is If I zoom in with "Command +" it cuts the type in half again, but only on the subject line. Oh well! I will try to figure out what is going on.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Charles

Charles, I'm glad that helped. Art & Larry, Thanks for jumping in guys, I appreciate it. I'll be looking at the new template in the next week or so to see if I can increase the font size anyway, it does seem a little small.