Hillbilly Track Saw

This may seem like nothing to you wood wizards, but I'm really proud of it.

I have a kilo-ton of plywood to cut up, and I didn't want to cut it down with a CS and then have to cut it more acurately on the TS. I also didn't want to spend the money for a good track saw. So I made a 10' track for my CS. :) I got Glassman to get me some strips of aluminum from his old business partner. He cut them down to size for me because the CS has very little clearance on the motor side of it. (mine is left-blade). The old bus. partner also pre-drilled some holes for me at regular intervals. I very carefully cut some strips of plywood for the saw to ride on. I put the plywood on top of some 1 X 4's because I need something for the screws to bite into when I was screwing down the aluminum. And I also wanted to add stability to the plywood because I need 2 pieces for each side....5' + 5' = 10'. So there's a cross brace on each end to hold it together. Downside is that it's heavy. Upside is that it works perfectly. No play in the saw. I still have a few things I have to do to polish it up--trim the aluminum on the ends, and wax the runway, but I was so happy, I wanted to show it to you. :bliss:

tracksaw1.jpg

tracksaw2.jpg

Cynthia i think you been having us on about being a rookie:) Thats well done.

When i saw the pics first you reminded me of my wife ...Linda. When she gets up to things i call her MacGyver that highly creative action hero. So i think you pulled of a MacGyver. :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk