Peppermill

Here is a cherry peppermill that I turned some time ago for my own use. It is 9" high and finished with lacquer. It has one coat of shellac inside.

Attachments

• Cherry Peppermill 1.jpg
    Cherry Peppermill 1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 45
Thanks Ted. I have made several of these. This is a newer one. The one my sister has has darkened a lot since I turned it.

Roflol Yep Jim I think I had better hit the sack to. Thanks Jim.

burn lines:)

hey bernie, i see you got some burn lines in this one.. i saw one awhile back that had black lines too,, can you duplicate these:)tn_GetInline.jpg would love to find some spalted like this has..

That is a nice simple form Larry. I think I would like the neck just slight thicker because that is where all the torque and twist is. The spalted wood looks really nice. I would probably seal the inside with shellac with the spalt but that is just me. See where it takes me and where I end up.

That is a nice simple form Larry. I think I would like the neck just slight thicker because that is where all the torque and twist is. The spalted wood looks really nice. I would probably seal the inside with shellac with the spalt but that is just me. See where it takes me and where I end up.

it's been a while since I did one, but all of the spalted mills I've made have flown out of my booths as soon as I put them out.... also seal the inside since the spalt is caused by a live fungus... sealing the inside also helps to kill the fungus. That's a really nice spalted pepper mill... really like the simplicity of the design.