Lost my best friend

Tom Baugues

The past 24 hours has been the most painful time I have ever known. I had to let go of my best friend. We had her for 13 years. We knew that it was just a matter of time as she had not been doing well for several months. Words fail me as to my feelings. I don't tend to make many friends, so to have someone who was always there was so special for me. I assume time will help with what I'm feeling.but it is truly hard right now.
Jewel (Small).jpg

It's very hard Tom... Never gets easier with these furry friends, that's for sure.

Take a little time, take care of yourself.

My Sincerest Sympathies go out to you...

Sorry for your loss, Tom - and I know just how you feel, having lost several 'best friends' over the years.

Right now, we've got a thirteen year old mini-Schnauzer that's deteriorating rapidly. I doubt she'll make it through the coming winter, and it's going to be another real heartbreak when it's her time...

BTW, that's her four year old "sister" in my avatar.

Hi Tom

Real sorry to hear of your loss. Its tough to experience thank goodness time heals the pain. Nothing can take the good times away so keep focused on those and look ahead to getting another and working in your new shop. Chin up my friend.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

another dog lover and has lost one recently.. but i can say that the best cure is to get another and start a new friendship.. charlie will never be my webster but he has a whole nother side of dog stuff that has wormed his way just as webbie did.. never forget tom but you do need to move on and not dwell on the bad stuff..

Very sorry to see the news, Tom. Like many of us, I have experienced the same type of loss, so I know some of what you're going through. My deep condolences.

It's never gotten any easier. LOML and I have had to put down 7 Irish at this point. Each one was as tough as the one before. Something that helped around the forth one was to open a file in the computer, and every time we remembered something cute, or funny, or touching that Brie did (he was our first AKC Champion) we would open the file and add it to the list. We ended up with about 3 pages of memories. It helped us remember the good times, and not dwell on the heartache. Might be worth it for you to try.
May the Shamrocks fall softly.....Jim.

Put down my old Posse mare this fall, 27 years with her. Raised her, owned her dam and sire. Horses, dogs, dang-gone those critters worm their ways into our hearts quicker and more firmer than any heartworm in a dog. I don't think we own them, they own us. As much as it hurts to lose them, I don't want to be the type of person that can live without their unconditional love and devotion. Tom and Mrs. Tom, sincerely sorry you lost your dog. I hope you find another soon, your type of caring attitude needs to be given to another dog in need.