40 years

Bob Gibson

Seems just like yesterday that we got married. 11/13/71.

We met in April got engaged in July and got Married in December. Love at first sight. :)

5 daughters, 1 son and 11 1/2 grand children later neither one of us would change a thing. We would do it all over again.

My wife has been asking for a coat tree for the past 15 years. I finally figured out that i better get it done.
In keeping with the style of furniture we have I saw a picture in an old book about Shakers and copied the design. I put the chamfer on the edges just to spruce it up a little bit and installed the legs with sliding dovetails. I also put coat pegs down low so the grand kids could hang up their own coats. Far from fancy woodworking but it was fun and the wife (Marilyn) loved it..

100_4172 (400 x 600)coat tree.jpg100_4170 (600 x 400) chamfer.jpg100_4169 (600 x 400)slide dovetails.jpg

Congrats to both of you, Bob. :congrats: The only thing missing on that coat tree is your signature, the date, and the recipient on the bottom. One of those 11 1/2 grandchildren might want to know those sorts of things 40 years from now.

Bob and Marilyn, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! 40 years is nothing to sneeze at, that is dedication and love in a living example for sure!! Jim is setting the height of the bar for all of us if I do my math correctly and he is stating he and Mrs. Jim are on #66 this year. I agree whole heartedly with Vaughn on the information on the bottom. 3 generations from now they will be talking about Grandpa and Grandma and he made this for her. Makes all the difference in the world and gives them something tangible from you even though they might not have even been born yet. Who knows, it might be the inspiration to create another generation of woodworker. Congrats, on both projects Bob.

Thank you very much everyone for the congratulations. She is a real saint to have put up with all my crazy ideas as well as always tracking sawdust over her freshly vacuumed floors.

I always sign everything I make but forgot to sign this piece. Getting out my marker now :eek:

My grandson Isaac and my grand daughter Abby always fight over my wood scraps and spend lots of time in my shop using their imaginations making all kinds of stuff. Abby has her own glue bottle :rofl: Maybe they will carry on the woodworking when I can't do it anymore.

Last edited: