Ridgid air driven palm nailer

Earlier this summer I had my house roofed by a contractor. In the process we found some facia and soffit that needed replacing. It was at the end of the shed attached to my carport. I milled the facia and the roofing contractor installed it. The problem with that is there is about 6" of clearance between the soffit of the shed and the lattice-work frame for the metal patio roof below it.

I removed the metal patio roof which was screwed down with painted screws. I needed to replace some rotten mal-fitting soffit. I bought cut ran replaced the soffit but could not swing a hammer more than about 1". After about 15 minutes of frustration, I drove to HD and bought a Ridgid air-powered palm nailer. It worked like a charm. I finished installing the soffitt, painted it and after letting it dry over night I got another coat of paint on it. That evening I painted it one more time.

The next day I got the metal patio roof reinstalled and that afternoon, the first of our fall/winter rains set in.

I had a list of "have to be dones before surgery".

The list was completed 1 day before I had surgery. I am glad! With the equilibrium problems, it wasn't until yesterday that I felt comfortable operating a machine of any kind.

Yes......you get enough donations....I'll wear it in public......

Last edited:
I'd wondered how well those palm nailers worked. Thanks for the report. :thumb:

I saw that. I'll up my bid to $10. I've got a job now. ;-)