Aquarium Stand .. build thread

Veneer work completed PC010347.JPG Walnut skin assembled to the oak skeleton PC020353.JPG PC030355.JPG Doors mounted. All finished sanded PC040358.JPG PC040357.JPG . Just a little more clean up, mount the door closers/latches .. and onto the finish.

I am thinking multiple coats of Danish Oil, then let thoroughly cure, then several coat of poly ... any comments on this? Should make the walnut/curyly maple really pop.

Looks great Robert!. I haven't used the danish oil before, but if you have any scrap pieces from the project, you may test on those first before doing the whole cabinet. Treat them the same as the cabinet and sand and finish them with the same process.

Really coming along and looking good. I have used danish oil products but, have only top coated them with shellac so I will let others comment who have some danish with poly experience.

Really coming along and looking good. I have used danish oil products but, have only top coated them with shellac so I will let others comment who have some danish with poly experience.
I'm no finishing expert but I've used various "Danish oil" combinations on past projects. In those cases, I started with BLO/Naphtha at 1/1 and applied 2-3 coats over a period of several days, letting it dry in between. Next, I'd apply 2-3 coats of a mix of BLO/Naphtha/Poly in 1/1/1 blend to start toughening in finish. Topcoat with some thinned poly and it looks good.