thanx family woodworking for all the help

allen levine

its 3 years since I started working with hardwoods.
I thought Id be making adirondack chairs and outdoor furniture forever, and I was pretty happy with that.
Im in a good place woodworking now with hardwoods, as how convenient my son is furnishing a huge house and I need to upgrade my 1980's stuff.

I dont think I made too many moves withouth first consulting all the experts here, sometimes overwhelming, but always trying to use the overall concensus to put me on the right path.

I dont think I ever purchased a piece of equipment without sending out a ton of pm's and questioning people, who were never too busy or stuck up to help me out.

I really do appreciate it all.

Ofcourse, I wish you guys would have talked me out of the 6 inch jointer, wish I had the 8 inch one.

You do realize that going from a 6" joiner to a 8" required twice the space!:doh:

I'll let you in on a little secret. Skip the 8" and go straight to the 12". Most people I read about on the forums had wished that's what they had done.

Oh and your quite Welcome. It's been a pleasure watching you grow as a wood worker and fine furniture maker.:thumb:

Of course, I wish you guys would have talked me out of the 6 inch jointer, wish I had the 8 inch one.

Congrats on all your progress and success Allen. Its a pleasure having you on board. I am reasonably sure that you will not find any post where i ever even slightly indicated that anyone should repeat my costly mistake of ignoring the advice to get at least an 8" jointer :eek:. Eveyone warned me but, ohhhh noooo, I knew better. Well, I know better now anyway; someone got a heck of a deal on my barely used 6" jointer :thumb:

Congrats on all your progress and success Allen. Its a pleasure having you on board. I am reasonably sure that you will not find any post where i ever even slightly indicated that anyone should repeat my costly mistake of ignoring the advice to get at least an 8" jointer :eek:. Eveyone warned me but, ohhhh noooo, I knew better. Well, I know better now anyway; someone got a heck of a deal on my barely used 6" jointer :thumb:

Voice heard from far away in the background: I though there was some reason he sold me this six 6" jointer...now I know why. Frikenzee Frackenzee there goes the Bradleyitis again.

Allen you dont realize just how much of an inspiration you are to the rest of us. Been great watching each and every one of your posts. Looking forward to many more.

Allen, you're an inspiration to a lot of woodworkers. But you're especially an inspiration for me. I think of you every day because I know that you have a variety of aches and pains, and yet, you go in your shop anyway and create these beautiful things.........BTW I haven't forgotten that you sent me a bunch of magazines when I first started on this forum, and I've read every one of them.