Action Shot

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished a long day of picture hanging, with the latter half of it spent at a rental house in Hollywood. (Our fourth trip there in the last couple of weeks.) On our first visit to the house, I happened to show the designer some photos of my work, and on our second visit (the next day) he bought a couple of my mesquite bowls. We've been back to the house twice in the last two days, and tonight I grabbed a quick cell phone shot of one of the bowls in action...

Hollywood Bowl Action Shot 600.jpg

For privacy's sake, I won't mention names, but this house is owned by a very well-known actress who bought it a few years ago, had it remodeled, then never moved into it. She recently leased it to a big gun Hollywood agent/producer/promoter who will also remain nameless. (Although it's doubtful you would have heard of him.) Starting in the mail room of a leading Hollywood talent agency, he worked his way up to Vice President, during which time he played a role in booking The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show. Since then, he has managed the careers of Cher, Dolly Parton, Michael Jackson, Neil Diamond, Barbara Streisand, Mariah Carey, and Whoopi Goldberg. He's produced over 20 movies as well as Broadway plays, and has been the CEO of Mirage Entertainment and Sports. He is a close associate of Steve Wynn, Barry Diller, David Geffen, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Calvin Klein. His 70th birthday party was thrown at Donna Karan's West Village studio, attended by Patti LaBelle, Barbara Streisand, Joan Rivers, Bette Midler, Vera Wang, Renee Zellwegger, Richard Gere, Sandra Bernhard, Les Moonves, and Ron Perelman. He's a congenial guy (we addressed him by his first name), who had a LOT of artwork to hang. And now he owns a couple of my bowls. :)

and now he is gonna spread his work back to AZ areas,, who out there is a big name guy or gal? oh maybe the sherrif that makes his prisoners wear pink:) congrats vaughn and stay outa trouble out there in AZ

Great news hope he paid the top dollar pricing:)
This event was sure to happen at some stage. Wondering aloud but any chance Perry would continue marketing your wares when you leave for a comm ofcourse.;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

That's great Vaughn.
I guess this goes along with Rob's ideas about selling high dollar stuff. Put yourself in the right place at the right time and market your product and make your own luck!

Thanks guys. :)

and now he is gonna spread his work back to AZ areas,, who out there is a big name guy or gal? oh maybe the sherrif that makes his prisoners wear pink:) congrats vaughn and stay outa trouble out there in AZ

The only time I'll be spending in AZ is as I drive across it on my way to NM. :p You're not alone though...a lot of people think Albuquerque is in Arizona.

well i had forgot what city you were headed to vaughn:) so i have reason for my foolish answer:) and to the rest of us that are lucky enough to have a vaughn piece be sure to hang on to it because our grand kids are gonna be come rich of it compared to what we had to pay for it:) they will be on the antigue road show in the year 2080:)