New Handling of Links

That has been a request to update and make the links more visible. I'll be looking at that and also increasing the font size (on a new template version for font size). I'll be looking at that over the next couple of weeks, would be sooner, but got a lot on my plate right now. :wave:

The different 'styles' all look a bit different. A short term work around would be to use the VB4 default style.

The Woody style has a slightly different color to the links, but depending upon your monitor and eyesight, may be hard to distinguish.

If you are using the dialup version of woody, it is currently the same. I'll see if I can work something out with the link colors today.

Thanks for bringing this up, Cynthia, I asked the same question over in another thread ("another thread" is a link, btw, which IMHO should be underlined) but it got missed, and I was JUST heading here to ask again, when I saw your thread. I should have just emailed the admins instead of posting a comment! :(

I'll see if I can work something out with the link colors today.

Brent,

I ran into this on another vBulletin Forum, and a friendly admin (from yet another forum) posted this:

The easiest way to fix this is to edit the postbit.css template.

Find this code:

.postcontent a{
color:#970000;
}

.postcontent a:hover{
color:#FF0000;
}

and change the colours to whatever you'd like to have displayed.

Now, this seems to just deal with colours, but they also got it tweaked so that links are now underlined in forum posts. I dunno if that is a setting there or elsewhere, but I can find out with a quick email if you get stuck.

PS: I use "Woody3 Dialup", since I sometimes visit here on my BB Playbook, and I want the lower-bandwidth style. But I just tried the other styles and in none of them are URL's underlined. But in the VB4 Default it does come up with a fairly obvious contrasting colour. I still vote for underlines. :thumb:

I'm using the VB4 Default, and links show up in light blue text. Yeah, they're not underlined, but the colored text does differentiate them.

Thanks Art. That looks like it just might save me quite a bit of digging around. I'm going to go experiment a bit right now...

Thanks for bringing this up, Cynthia, I asked the same question over in another thread ("another thread" is a link, btw, which IMHO should be underlined) but it got missed, and I was JUST heading here to ask again, when I saw your thread. I should have just emailed the admins instead of posting a comment! :(

Brent,

I ran into this on another vBulletin Forum, and a friendly admin (from yet another forum) posted this:

Now, this seems to just deal with colours, but they also got it tweaked so that links are now underlined in forum posts. I dunno if that is a setting there or elsewhere, but I can find out with a quick email if you get stuck.

Brent, I don't care what Darren and Bill say about you...you're O-Tay!

OTAY-Buckwheat.jpg

Attachments

• OTAY-Buckwheat.jpg
    OTAY-Buckwheat.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 2
Hey Jim, we only made changes to the woody and woody dial up styles and left the VB4 default style unchanged.

Jim, we really try not to make too many changes to the default VB template. The reason is mostly for support and having benchmark of how things should work. If something is broken and it's broke in both the woody and default, we know its something that vBulletin needs to address and not something we broke.

Jim, we really try not to make too many changes to the default VB template. The reason is mostly for support and having benchmark of how things should work. If something is broken and it's broke in both the woody and default, we know its something that vBulletin needs to address and not something we broke.

Not complaining, Darren. I just noted that nothing had changed within the default template. Other than font size :D I have no problem with the ovarall look and feel of the 'new' site.