New Batch - Ornaments { Deer/ trees }

I cut these yesterday out of the usual 1/8" BB Plywood that I usually use , just decided that I wanted to cut something different for a change ..................MB2011 - DEER & TREES (1) (Small).JPG

Hey, I could do that. Of course the bark on the trees would be rougher as would the hair on the deer. You could also tell that the wind was blowing because of all of the little rifts blowing off of the edges of the clouds. The wind would also show on its effect on the snow---the sand dune look.

Anybody want lessons. I can teach you how to get all of those wonderful, realistic effects. It only takes one very short lesson for a beginner.

Enjoy,

JimB

Great looking stuff Marshall. You've really got a feel for that work. What make/model saw do you prefer?
Glen I started out with a 16" Craftsman Variable speed that lasted over 8 years and I up-graded to a Dewalt model 788 Type 2 about 4 years ago . Now some say the the type 2 wasn't as good -as the type 1- but I've worked it's socks off with no problems . I still use the old Craftsman scrollsaw for detail sanding on my Ornaments - I cut sand paper 5 inches long by 1/2" wide and fold in half and install it in the old scrollsaw - with the least tension and as slow as it will run and it works great for those hard to sand places . Another reason I up-graded was the jaws of the old Craftsman were getting wore out .........MB