Been a long 2 weeks

Well it has been a long 2 weeks for sure. Our firearms season for deer has came and went. Both of my girls decided to take up the sport, so as the father, I was obliged to take them. One did have success and one did not. The oldest is upset that the youngest has bagged her first. I won't go into all the details, as I know some do not hunt or believe in it. What is did notice is that I enjoyed these past 2 weeks like no other. I talked to my girls about stuff, just stuff, nothing technical. We laughed and just had a good time. I have never seen those two get along so well. They are still getting along. It won't last, I know, boys will take my spot again soon, but it was a great time while it lasted.

The youngest, Gator, is already planning a trip for Elk.

go gator!!! and steve ,, take every minute you can grab with them.. maybe you can get them into smoke stick season as well:) and if you are lucky you can gain anotyher boy threw them to go with you.. it didnt work for me but others have gotten lucky:)

Memories will last a lifetime, boyfriends won't. Especially if you meet them at the door suitably prepared...

my-daughter-daughter-gun-dad-curfew-demotivational-poster-1237350016.jpg

Brent, That actually happened at my house. I was having a bit of a skunk problem and I would walk from the shop to the house with a 12 gauge. As I walked in one night there was a young man in house with my daughter. He looked at me then quickly looked away. My daughter told me later that I should have seen the look on his face. I happen to meet up with the young man a year or two later on Black Friday. He knew that my daughter was getting married and he asked me if I had met my future SIL with the shotgun too. I told him no as he had more shotguns,rifles, and handguns than I did.

Go Gator!! And the other sister as well!! Tess bagged an 8 pointer last night. Something about 125 or so. Yeah, I am one of the lucky ones, got two boys through my two girls that are keepers. In fact, Fina is heading to the hospital, something about contractions, so CJ and Ashleigh are heading our way from their other Grandma.