dire warning

Frank Fusco

We visited our daughter over Thanksgiving.
She is a dancer and used to dance numbers from the Wizard of Oz. She is still a big Oz fan and collector of memorabilia.
This 'warning' sign is outside her front door.
My sign with a big gun seems tame compared to this. :rolleyes:
flying monkeys sign.jpg

well frank it was just recently that i finally got the connection between the term flying monkeys and yes i did see one of the earlier showings on the tv of OZ:)

That sign is something I would expect from Cynthia. It has her sense of humor.

Many, very many, years ago the staff and I were in the office (probably under protest on their part) when we heard a rattling at the front door. No one came in. We went out and looked. There was a life size figure---sort of like a Dr. Suess figure, attached to the door. He (it) held a sign. "Beware, you are now on the Funny Side of the Street."

It had been put there by Toni (no not Toni Ciuraneta) the wife of the pharmacist next door. That family really knew how to live and have good clean fun. When in their 70's Toni and Harold took a class in climbing ice coated mountains---you know the kind, where you have to stick that spikey thing that looks like a geologists pick into the ice to cut out your next step up---oh yes, you use it to hopefully slow down when all heck breaks loose and you are sliding down the ice at a bazillion miles an hour.

Enjoy,

Jim