Friday 12/2 Edition

Friday gang, what's going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, just got done working on the floor in the basement. Had an issue to resolve. Going to try and hang the mustard later this weekend. Have to do some shopping today, up coming holiday you know.

Oh, last two finals are next week for the semester. Only one more semester to go and I will have about as much education as I can stand.

Forgot to add, 2 more weeks of outdoor activity. Muzzleloader season starts tomorrow.

Last edited:
Friday: A few hours in the shop until LOML gets home from work shortly after noon - she's taking a long weekend through Monday. A couple of errands this afternoon together, then dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Close out the evening watching the NASCAR Awards tonight.

Saturday: Whatever SWMBO says.

Sunday: Whatever SWMBO says!

Monday: Whatever SWMBO says!!

Yep, there's a definite pattern here! :rofl:

Well around here snow started to fly this week so finally i can no longer deal with house issues.

Taking today to get this car story finished. I never wanted to become a mechanic thought i was gonna show the youngster a little and get his hands dirty and its turned into the biggest nightmare of my life. Consumed all my spare time and more for the last I dont know how many months.

Cracked the big one last night by finding out how a proportioning valve works and what you have to do to get it to bleed once you triggered it. What a learning curve. Nothing around on the forums so had to go back to good old American Hotrod boys that swap out all sorts and they had the secret. Its caused me untold sleepless nights. I should have taken the easy route and scrapped the car and let him get his own and deal with it himself.

Now i just got to get the idling issue sorted and take it for its emmissions test. Then its back on the road and i am no longer a taxi ......thats if he passes his upcoming drivers test.

With that out the way touch wood by the end of the day, i should get my weekend back. Wont know what to do without mess on my hands thats not related to wood.

Hold thumbs for me cause each time i thought this would happen something else went wrong.

If luck holds out, i hope to get in the shop, tidy it up and get the construction crap out of it and make some noise to measure. Strangely i am looking forward to this winter.....no hockey, warm shop and NN stays indoors when snow is on the ground :) with a heater its gonna be heaven. ;):rofl::thumb::rofl: Hey i am gonna be able to hide out there when MIL comes for Xmas.:D

Oh wait first i got to get the Christmas tree up and fix the Christmas lights that oldest put up :(

Probably a fair amount of work work. Just built a new pc for my music masheen, so will probably be loading it up with software.

If I do get some shop time, will probably be building some doors for my shed.

Will be starting to remove wall paper from the master bath tonight and mudding walls in it and the office this weekend so I can get all the wall patching done at the same time. Will be doing some welding/fabrication on a stand for the photo booth this weekend and fixing some cosmetic issues with it.

My son has been here on liberty the past week and a half. He leaves for the U.S.S. Nimitz on Saturday, so having a little get together at the in-laws for him tomorrow before he flies out.

LOML hit the big 40 yesterday so we are having a get together at our house with friends tonight. My last few weeks have been consumed with painting the kitchen, kitchen cabs, both baths, and retiling the downstairs bath floor so the house looks good for said get together. Tomorrow is supposed to be rain/snow mix, so I've brought in a bunch of wood so we can just take it easy with a nice fire going. Sunday I hope to get some shop time in...it's been awhile!

Taking my grand daughter to ballet lessons again tonight and then out for pizza, maybe. She keeps changing her mind between pizza, McDonalds, and Chinese food :dunno: But that's what 5 year olds are supposed to do I guess.:D I have her trained right though. She looks through the Sunday paper and mail to find restaurant coupons :rofl:

With sincere apologies to Larry I have dusted off the mini lathe I bought almost 2 years ago. I'm going to attempt some pens and bottle stoppers and maybe a bowl. This should be interesting:rolleyes:

I also have to refinish an old maple bureau and turn it into a changing table for my expecting daughter. I'm going to need advice on this so I'll hopefully get a thread started on it later today.

Hopefully there will be time to work on the shop lights. Church services and preparation, community Christmas tree lighting ceremony, laundry, a couple of meetings, put up the cat toy (I mean, the Christmas tree), and pick up my office (essential to be prepared for the meetings. Monday it is off to the big city (Las Vegas) for a few needed things unavailable here, like a suitable chiropractor trained in the methodology my body appreciates. Up and down ladders takes it toll on this old girl.

Will be starting to remove wall paper from the master bath tonight and mudding walls in it and the office this weekend so I can get all the wall patching done at the same time. Will be doing some welding/fabrication on a stand for the photo booth this weekend and fixing some cosmetic issues with it.

My son has been here on liberty the past week and a half. He leaves for the U.S.S. Nimitz on Saturday, so having a little get together at the in-laws for him tomorrow before he flies out.

Give your son a big thank you from the Gibson family. I've never been on an aircraft carrier before. It must be thrilling :)

Well, let's see: All seven of my good, including new, turning tools now have handles I like. I fixed a rig that fastens to, would you believe, my table saw router combination, for taking pics of woodworking stuff. Re-did my Pandora music, some shop cleaning and glory be---stayed home the ENTIRE day.

Enjoy,

JimB

Last edited:
Give your son a big thank you from the Gibson family. I've never been on an aircraft carrier before. It must be thrilling :)

Will do Bob. I think he's looking forward to it, other than the tight sleeping quarters. Nimitz has been in dry-dock being updated, it's heading on a tour around October or so. There's series of videos of the dry-dock process and what Nimitz has been going through, as well as the crew, the past few months. As big as it is, it's hard to believe that they will have it all done so soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFvVRm1sWmA&feature=related