G&G/R&R Inspired Box

Ron Roase

OK, here goes another box ..... I keep getting ideas for another box. may not be all that good at times but at least it keeps me off the street.
The box is made from Mahogany with a clear finish. The corners have some what of a G&G look to them as do the 5/16 plugs. The top is from Maple with the inlay of Cherry. Hinges are from Oak that I stained dark for contrast. The lift on the top is of Mahogany as is the two Bars on the top. I stained them to match the hinges. Not sure if putting the bars on the top was a good choice or not, seemed like a good idea at the time. I may go back and add some dividers inside? Originally I was going to inlay a Oak leaf on the top. But after laying it out and making the template, I found my router coller was to large to fit all the small details of the leaf,so I just made up my own.:D:thumb::rofl:
G&G & R&R Box 3.JPGG&G & R&R Box 2.JPGG&G & R&R Box.JPG
Always looking for new design for my boxes.

I like it, I like it. Someone was asking about a bucket list in another thread. Maybe I should add wooden hinges to my list as I have been meaning to do some 'any day now' for years. :D Do you use a hingecrafter or some type of rig for them or just box joint some stock and render them out through magic? I always enjoy your stuff Ron because you keep trying variations and that's what keeps things fun.

I use the Incra fence,Glenn. It is a older model and The jig will only handle small hinges. I may get the newer one that will alow much more different sizes to make.