Wisemen Ornaments

DSCF0010 (Medium) (Small).JPGDSCF0011 (Medium) (Small).JPGNew Pattern I've cut here from Steve Good's web-site :thumb: - these are unfinished as of yet - cut from 1/8" BB Plywood - stack cut four of these at a time - - - going to put these in my inventory for build for 2012 --- I will finish these when I get enough to do at one time ...............MB :wave: :type:

Those are really great Marshall! :thumb: I'm enjoying seeing all of your scroll projects. My dad used to do a bunch of scrolling, will have to show him some of your posts when he comes back for the holidays.

On Thanksgiving Glenn got me to do a scroll saw angel and straight trumpet. I'm not going to enter it in any ww contests. However, it is good enough that I will hang it on the tree. Glenn did four of them with no uneven lines in less time than I did one.

I hope one gets better at scrolling with practice or I am going to become a devoted non-scrollee.

Enjoy,

JimB

Jim I've been scrolling for over 14 years now , and I can tell you that that's the key to becoming a good scroller is PRACTICE ................MB

Marshall, beautiful. How do you sand something cut with the scroll saw when it's so detailed like that?
Cynthia : I have an old Craftsman 16 scrollsaw that all it's used for is detailed sanding - for this scrollsaw 's jaws are more or less wore out as far as holding a scrollsaw blade . I cut a piece of sand paper 5 inches long by 1/2" wide and fold it in half and put it in the old scrollsaw and adjust the tension at it's least setting and the speed at it's lowest setting and when I need to sand any I just thread it threw the place I need to sand - but now you have to take you time and not get in any rush .I just take my time and it'll sand any fuzzes and any other place to where I want them sanded ...........it really has worked good for me .............MB