Slow shipping from Harbor Freight

Tom Baugues

I ordered the dust collector from Harbor Freight online on November 25th. Althought I did receive an e-mail from them confirming the order I have not seen or heard from them and their tracking says it's still "proccessing". I called their customer service and was told it was due to be shipped soon. Well I would hope so! 10 days later and it has not even been shipped yet seems pretty slow to me. I'm not in any hurry for it but I expected it sooner.

Not to make excuses for them, but November 25th was the day after Thanksgiving. They probably had a ton of orders when they got back to work on the 28th (assuming the usual holiday allowed). Technically, they've had five business days so far. :dunno:

Tom, it has been years since I was in Lafayette, but I know Muncie has a HF store. You don't have one locally? They are really great to walk through. Utilize many coupons and get deep discounts. Hope it comes soon. They didn't give you a tracking number to follow it?

Tom, it has been years since I was in Lafayette, but I know Muncie has a HF store. You don't have one locally? They are really great to walk through. Utilize many coupons and get deep discounts. Hope it comes soon. They didn't give you a tracking number to follow it?

Yes they gave me a tracking number but the status still shows the order as "proccessing". I have been to the store in Indianapolis many times. Its about an hour drive for me at one of Indy's biggest malls. I did not want to go there on the "busiest shopping day of the year". Gas money alone is about the same a shipping costs, so this time I just decided to have it shipped.
I'm sure it will show up soon. No problem.

Well my tracking number status still shows this order as "processing" so I guess this big box I found on my front door step is only my imagination. So overall the shipping time was within reason....the tracking number was just useless.

Attachments

• 100_0579 (Small).JPG
    100_0579 (Small).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 57
:rofl:

Don't you hate it when that happens? I've gotten pretty used to following those numbers myself... :thumb:

I just thought I would update this thread. Even though I got my dust collector over a week ago, when I click on the link to check the tracking number status....it STILL shows this order as "processing".

I opened the box tonight to start putting this thing together....holy cow..this thing is huge! :eek: I remember reading online several times that these units seldom have all the parts and/or nuts and bolts so I thought I would give it a good look at tonight. The first thing I noticed was about 20-30 bolts and washers laying all over the inside of the small box which holds all the small parts. None of the small plastic bags had holes in them. It appears as if these were just thrown in after all the other little parts were packed. Good....I thought......they gave me "extras":thumb: So after looking over the instructions I decided to start assembly. The first step is to bolt on the casters. Guess what......It takes 16 bolts for the casters....I got 4 :rofl: I got all the nuts but only 4 bolts. :dunno: So tomorrow I have to make a run to the hardware store. I'm thinking this wont be my only trip.

Tom, I have the exact same unit, and the issues. Although I received about 15 extra nuts and bolts. :dunno:

I will say this though....this DC is an incredible machine for the money. I have NEVER had an issue with it and it takes a beating. By the way, the extra collection bags are only available through HF parts....they are not listed on the website, you have to call for them.

Good luck with it