Stu you ok?

Were they racing? Article didn't say either way, but I'd guess they weren't just going to the corner convenience store. Sad to see that pile of, well, it's not metal, carbon fiber??? Insurance company(s) is(are) going to hurt on this one. Jim.

no he pedals his way around now days to keep thin..and save gas,, if they can drive those fancy high dollar rides its not a problem to either insurance or the owners..

You guy kill me, to think that I'd have a bright red Ferrari... :eek:

You must know mine is black! :thumb:

Funny I'd not heard of this, I don't watch much TV here at all.
I look at the pile up and I'm not so worried about what the cars cost, I'm sure they all have insurance, and can afford it, I look at what the us taxpayers have to pay for all the police and the shut down freeway, because some rich guys are not smart enough to drive smart on the road and save your heroics for driving on the track. :rolleyes:
Yes I'm fine, and as Larry said, I spend my time pedaling around, we did a short 73Km on Sunday, my legs still hate me :D

Stu,

You forgot to tell everyone that you had borrowed my Yugo. When the accident happened they were doing between 140 and 150 kph (90 or so in mph) At least that's what the Japanese press and police were told. Heck, my Yugo can do that on a long downhill!

Just so you guys understand how rich these idiots are who crashed these fine cars, let me explain a bit, here in Tokyo, if you are middle class you most likely do NOT even own a car, not even a basic little micro van like the one I use for work, the few upper middle class types who own a car that is not actually owned by their small business will own a nice Toyota, some will even get a decent BMW or a Benz, but to own a super car like the ones crashed? I would equate it to the ownership of private, that NOT company, PRIVATE jets, and on the low end privately owned helicopters, at least a Bell 206, that will give you an idea of the level of wealth involved. The price of these cars is pocket change to the guys involved.
Kyle, wouldn't you agree?

Stu,

Absolutely. Maybe it is just me but I once watched a red Ferrari try to pull into a parking lot. The crub was step. The car was so low it got hung up on the curb. I did not feel sorry for him. He could afford it.

Most of them are second generation rich. Maybe I am wrong but I did not feel they worked for anything in their life. These wrecked cars mean absolutely nothing to them. They also seem to run in packs. Often I see three or four Ferrari s driving down the road making a lot of noise.

If I had the money they had I would rather buy a sawstop.