The New Guy...Again.

Thanks for the good thoughts and kind words. I actually got my computer set up and on the network today. It's gonna be a whole new world, going from the commercial software business to working for a government contractor that's developing software for the Indian Health Service. I'll be learning lots of new stuff, but hey...if you're not learning, you're dying. ;)

To those who asked, Sasha has been my dog for nearly 12 years. If I would have left her in LA, she would have been crushed. (She's not all that fond of LOML, and she prefers to be the only dog in the house, too.) Also, at her age, she's not long for this world, and I didn't want to saddle my wife with dealing with her death when it happens. So far, she's settling in nicely, and is enjoying her daily walks to the park across the street. (There's also a handy dog bathroom area on the side of the single-story building I'm in, just 100 feet or so from our door.) Me on the other hand, have been adjusting to walking in the park at 10:00 at night in 20º temps with 15 mph winds. The CoC prevents me from accurately describing the cold here, but I'm sure you can come up with something in your mind. :D

Saw something on the News abotu Albu... Albuquerky... Uh, Where you are.

Looks like you are having a cold snap....

Thanks for the good thoughts and kind words. I actually got my computer set up and on the network today. It's gonna be a whole new world, going from the commercial software business to working for a government contractor that's developing software for the Indian Health Service. I'll be learning lots of new stuff, but hey...if you're not learning, you're dying. ;)

To those who asked, Sasha has been my dog for nearly 12 years. If I would have left her in LA, she would have been crushed. (She's not all that fond of LOML, and she prefers to be the only dog in the house, too.) Also, at her age, she's not long for this world, and I didn't want to saddle my wife with dealing with her death when it happens. So far, she's settling in nicely, and is enjoying her daily walks to the park across the street. (There's also a handy dog bathroom area on the side of the single-story building I'm in, just 100 feet or so from our door.) Me on the other hand, have been adjusting to walking in the park at 10:00 at night in 20º temps with 15 mph winds. The CoC prevents me from accurately describing the cold here, but I'm sure you can come up with something in your mind. :D

That's a lotta words just to say 'tree' :D
BTW...what's a non 'handy dog' to do? :rofl:

Well, I never could spell fire hidrent. (Plus, she'd have a hard time hitting a tree or one of them fire thingies.)

And the non-handy dogs do the funniest crossed-leg dance you've ever seen, Mr. Smartypants. :p

I was wondering how you were 'enjoying' the weather compared to home. It's about the same weather there as it is here most of the time, I think most of our weather patterns come from that direction as well. Glad you're settling into the new digs, hope you can start telecommuting soon. :wave: