latest effort

neil mackay

a couple of Christmas gifts as per order by LOML :) Shes is not a major fan of my hobby, although this time its spraked more interest.CL Spiral2 069.jpgCL Spiral 071.jpg

Camphor Laurel finised with DO 7x5" and a Queensland platter/ Shallow bowl also finished with DO

Attachments

• woodfast 074.jpg
    woodfast 074.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 61
  • woodfast 083.jpg
    woodfast 083.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 53
I'm with Larry, No clue on how you did it, but you did a great job! And the finish really makes it pop!

Thanks for all your generous comments, spirals, well in this case carved by hand, using CL which is very soft made the job of carving much easier. Laying them out is via the indexing on the lathe with a compass and pencil, all very low tech.

The spiral bowl is gorgeous, Neil. Absolutely gorgeous. Form, workmanship, and finish are all superb. :thumb: I like the platter, too, but the bowl outshines it.

Beautiful work Neil. However, I think you should take your wife to the optometrist. For her to have dis-interest in your hobby must mean that she cannot see the beautiful things you produce. Get the poor lady some glasses or contact lenses so she can start living.

Enjoy,

JimB