Delayed Black Friday

Bill Arnold

Staff member
LOML and I were on a 12-hour drive on Black Friday this year and missed out on getting trampled in the stores. :eek: FIL and I hit Home Depot on Saturday after Thanksgiving and they still had a bunch of stuff on special, including some clamps. I looked at two different packages and decided on one with a "free" pair of Irwin 6" Quick-Grip Clamps - actually the HD regular price for a pair was $19.95 and the special was $13.88 for two pair. I opted out of a package the had 2-12" and 2-6" QG clamps plus 2 Handi-Clamps and 2 spring clamps - until I got home - all the way home! I checked HD online and they had the same deal with free shipping, so I placed an order for two of the 8-0piece packages which were delivered last night. The 8-piece package price was about $25; the regular price of a page of 2-12" QGs was $30 in the store. Seemed a darn good deal to me and to LOML as well!

BF_Clamps.jpg

I forgot to get a photo of them in the packages. Hope this satisfies the FWPP! :rolleyes:

Yes, Allen, I use them on nearly every project also and never have enough.

Storage can be an issue for this kind of stuff but here's what I did. I built this clamp rack a few years ago. Today, I added two dowels running across between the center spacer/support. A 3/8" dowel seems plenty big to hook the end of the clamps over.

Clamp_Rack1.jpgClamp_Rack2.jpg