Bookcase Build Thread in Allen's Honor Dec 8 update

I wear mine to work every day:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Now there is a mental image you can never get rid of :eek::eek:[/QUOTE]

If I have nightmares tonight I am blaming you Chuck :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

well i think who left the gap up from the ground was on top of things cynthia it would make the fence better suited for the moist climate you have with least amount of ground contack.. but the pink jammies is fine, and come summer the yelo poka dot bikini will work:)

well i think who left the gap up from the ground was on top of things cynthia it would make the fence better suited for the moist climate you have with least amount of ground contack.. but the pink jammies is fine, and come summer the yelo poka dot bikini will work:)
Yup Larry has worked as a carpenter before. He knows what the summer artier is.:thumb::thumb:

Larry, maybe you're right, but there is no way that a fence should be a foot off the ground. Yes, the climate is wet, and if the cedar rots I'll replace it; but I can't have my dogs going under the fence. One, in particular, loves to go visit with the horse next door. :rolleyes: I did another 100' today, about twice as fast as yesterday. :thumb: I have to go to Victoria tomorrow. So I'll be back in the shop on Sunday. BTW, I haven't worn a polka dot bikini since 1987 so there's no danger of photographs of it under my work coveralls. I do have some purple and orange pajamas though....:D

And what you have with your fence is the guy went with putting each section in level on a plumb post. If he had gone with the lay of the land one would have thought him drunk or sumth'n All the post leaning down hill and the sections of fence leaning. That is the problem we folks with hills have to deal with.:thumb:

And what you have with your fence is the guy went with putting each section in level on a plumb post. If he had gone with the lay of the land one would have thought him drunk or sumth'n All the post leaning down hill and the sections of fence leaning. That is the problem we folks with hills have to deal with.:thumb:

Chuck, you're right. But there are ways to deal with a slope that don't leave 1' high gaps in each section. Whoever built my fence or approved it or paid for it had the IQ of a dial tone. What good is a fence if it keeps nothing in or nothing out? Why didn't someone patch up the holes 10 years ago?

Lady, that sure is an interesting whatever you were going to make---You sound like the story of my life. Glenn put it perfectly---The tighter the schedule or the more critical the activity or the higher the concentration level---You become a stronger magnet. A magnet for an interruption. The preceding is a long way from what Glenn said, however it is what he meant.

Enjoy,

JimB

Today's Update. Well, as predicted, I had to work on the fence today, . . . . .

I see nothing that looks like a bookcase, your shop or you in your shop working on a bookcase in these pics. Chain the dog and get back out to the shop!

Hey wait a minute . . . what am I doing in here when I've got a half built dresser sitting out in my shop . . . ? Gotta go :rofl:

Yup the best way to deal with it is to build each section in place. This fence was store bought and there aint nothing short of ripping it all apart and re making it that will get it on the ground. Oh I'm betting the last guy wanted the fence so his neighbors wouldn't see him in his back yard. Not to keep any critters in or out.:thumb::thumb: And lets not rule out it could have been a DYI project.:thumb::thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think so Bill...... A pink pirate ship book case with a fence around it to keep the pirates out/in which ever the case may be.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

cynthia , since you started this thread, I built a stool/chair for under the desk I built, just need to put the seat on today, I made 2 cutting boards which are soaking in oil and will be out of here tomorrow.
I also cut down a couple of bowl blanks from logs, and cut and painted 3 pieces of the flexible base molding to be installed this week. Oh, I also installed a router shut off switch(the paddle switch, got tired of bending over looking for the tiny router button)
YOu need to focus.:D:D:D

you tell her allen and i was out in the shop at 3 am this mourning trying to get back on schedule..so what she is doing this wknd is moving a daughter from one spot to another..where are her priorities:)