Mini Birdhouses

I was so happy a few days ago when the director of the art gallery called me and said all the new barn wood style birdhouses I brought down are sold. Didn't get picture taken as I was in a rush to get more birdhouses like these in this post.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?25657-Birdhouse-Ornaments

All of the first 30 I took down sold. The director of the gallery told me that she needed 10 more to fill orders she has. So I have been working my tail off to get 20 more down there. I finished them up late last night (11 pm) and took them down this morning right away.

I have also been asked by a friend of mine who saw the birdhouses at the gallery to bring some down to her floral and craft store. So now out to the shop and make a dozen more as she said she wanted a dozen. She also wants some of my other turnings to display and sell. We agreed on a 70/30 split.

Retirement....Bernie....Retirement.......Time to slow life down a bit...take a breath. Ok....that's enough....now get back to work. :rofl: These are way cool. I really like the looks of them. My wife LOVES them....now I have a project.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

Dennis as long as you have sales it is a good thing. It is those things that keep ya going back to the lathe for sure. It is so funny because last year I sold I think 3 pens, a couple of vases, a potpourri pot and 6 birdhouses. This year I can't make enough birdhouses and pens. The wife told me it was the old barn look that did the trick but I don't know for sure. Oh well I will take it for sure.

Congrats on the sales Bernie. Those are great. I can see why they sell so fast.Do you know what price they sell them for? I'm too late to build any for this Christmas but it sure looks to be a great way to supplement Social security :thumb:

That is my plan to Bob. I finally settled on a price of $14.50 for them. I started at $18.50 and they just didn't sell. Just kept lowering them until they finally took off.