Long Time

Karl Laustrup

Hello to everyone.

Long time no been around here.:eek: Haven't been doing any WW'ing either.:( Just many other things keeping me busy. I've spent a short time today trying to catch up a bit on everyone on the forum. I don't have a lot of time right now to do any more catching up.

I just wanted to say I like the new look of the forum.

Just a couple of notes on a few of the threads I've read so far: Carol, glad you're situated and if I remember it's just over Mt. Charleston from Vegas, right?
Rennie thoughts and prayers for your grandson.

I read a few other posts also, but alas this memory of mine won't allow me to remember them, even though it's only been a matter of less than an hour.

Hope to be spending a little more time catching up with you all.

Karl

Watch this guy folks....Next thing you know you could find a few cans of Old Style on you doorstep.

Nice to see you post Karl!

Don't be such a stranger. Still remember fondly our visit. And actually Mt. Charleston is to the north of me and west of Las Vegas. Right now it is dusted white.

hey karl whats for supper and when you coming back our way:) glad you dropped in here to visit again this time the door will be locked behind you so you cant leave:)

Thank you all for the welcome back. I hope to not be a stranger, well not stranger than normal anyway, on the forum.

I am hoping to get out to the shop in the very near future to finish two flag cases that I started about 18 months ago. One is for our middle sons flag and the other will be for my flag some day. I have a lot of wood to use so I need to get busy. Cherry, oak, maple, hickory & box elder from my property and walnut, cedar, poplar, jatoba [Brazilian cherry], morado [Brazilian rosewood] & a couple of other types that I can't remember right now just waiting to be made into sawdust.

I also got a bunch of bowl blanks as well as pen blanks from a friend who recently had to liquidate his shop. That was a sad day.

Larry, good to hear from you, but I wasn't sure it was you typing. Did you take typing lessons?;) Just having spaghetti tonight. Nothing fancy. Carole and I have talked about getting back into your area again. If I do I'll be bringing a trailer to help you make room for new wood. It'll be hard now as we can't really leave my mom alone and she can't travel due to her vertigo. She's still pretty sharp though for 89.

Jonathan, I'm not sure how wisdomy my words are. I'll just try not to say anything dumb, how's that?

Tom, if we get back to southern Michigan again I will make sure to look you up.

Well, duty calls again, so until a later time SEE YA.

Karl