UPDATED Cabients are done.

Jeff Horton

Dry fitting the doors and stuck them in place for a look-C and realized that I made a cabinet to store shavings in. :) I am beginning to think it would look better over my bench with some hand tools in there, don't you? ;)

I could store wood shavings, after all we see that is works perfect for that. I can see a saw till behind one of the doors. Planes and chisels in the other side. Smaller items would fit in the open shelves. Besides it's just not nice enough to go in the Laundry room.

Dream on Jeff!! :eek:

tool-cab.jpg

Last edited:
tell the wife you`re workin` up to doing hers outta some pretty hardwood so you`ll keep the paintable version..........nice job jeff!

I like you guys logic. Especially yours Tod, but the problem is she wants it painted, I couldn't talk her into hardwood. :( Silly women!

So I guess I better just finish them up and give them to her. Of course if they were to big and didn't fit...... :rofl:

I agree, it's a prototype. Never enough cabinets in the shop. Tell her the real one is going to be walnut, oak, something.

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked for me yet....

That one will never work in the laundry. It's exactly like the one Mary Smith next door has. ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Great job Jeff, tell her if she paints it, it will get school bus yellow blotches and shrink. :rolleyes:

DT

Whoo Hoo! Doors!

tool-cab1.jpg

Got the doors trimmed down to size and fitted in place. Need to pick up the hinges and mount them now.

You can see both parts clamped together. Got to build a trim panel for the right hand side. That goes over the sink and going to add a towel bar under there.

Now it's time to make the A&C trim pieces and brackets, top strip and all that. Want be long till I am ready to sand and paint.

Jeff

Yup,the Christmas gift she asked for is finally done. Of course she asked 2 weeks before Christmas and I was hustling to get everyone else's done! So hers had to a wait.

This is actually the 2nd piece, the first was the Laundry Armoire. The overheads are the last part and that means the Laundry room is done! I have to install the knobs and catches still. Plus I have to move one hinge I mis-located and a little touch up painting. Just the usual minor stuff.

100_8209.JPG 100_8239.JPG 100_8241.JPG

Also said no more painted furniture! Well, I have committed to one more painted piece for her, but that's it. I know now why cabinet makers want at least double for painted cabinets. What a royal pain! Even with a sprayer I have at least 4 coats (counting primer) and as much as 6 coats on some of it. Painting all them nooks and crannies is not for me.

Now it's time to start something else after a MAJOR shop clean up.

How did the French Cleats work out for you? I'm curious if that 1/16" gap worked or not.

I was going to comment on that for you and forgot. Now this is first time I have ever used a cleat but I love it!! Shimmed them flat and hung the first piece on there. Hung the second one and they mated up near perfect. Couldn't be happier!

They turned out super, Jeff! I was skeptical of the "red" at first...but they turned out really nice. Hope you got quite a few brownie points....or a few days probation from the dog house, whichever applies more! :eek:

:D

:rofl: