Any carvers here?

ed sautter

I didn't see a location for carvers here. Just wondering where they are. I picked up a nice mount during deer season that I though one might like to have. It would be nice to mount a bird on or something like that on. I've been holding on to it as I though it was neat. If anyone is interested in it first come to PM me will get it. I can post a picture if you want. I just have to get one to post.

Frank thanks for the reply. Cool looking carving.

I did see the number on your post and think if I were you you should play the lotery or smothing like that. All those 2's lined up doesn't come up that often.

These two carvings were done with 3/4" Pine, 11.5"W x 18"H. I thought about framing them, but decided that a simple look was more natural.
2mo1irk.jpg

28iz1n5.jpg

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif

Great carvings Mike, and I agree with you that they look better unframed.
Those are nice. I like. :thumb:
Particularly since pine, IMHO, is not easy to carve. Grainy/stringy, often doesn't cut clean.

Thanks for the comments. My first carving was when I was about 10 years old. It was with balsa wood...very soft and hard to carve. Tools have to be very sharp. The "teeth" were a gift for my father who was a dentist.
DSCF0108.jpg

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif