Scrollsawn Window Hanging

glenn bradley

A last minute add-on for Mom this year. Just off the saw, not touched up or finished yet.

Attachments

• Mom-Birds-Xmas-2011-sm.jpg
    Mom-Birds-Xmas-2011-sm.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 66
No tutorial (its a George Jetson Jig; you stuff a 2x4 in one end, push a button and these things pop out :D) but, a little mineral oil brings it to life a bit.

Attachments

• scroll-bird-mom-xmas-2011 (3).jpg
    scroll-bird-mom-xmas-2011 (3).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 30
Oh boy Glenn you done it again. :);) Just got my scroll saw going and you set the bar so high i think i am gonna sell it quick before i embarrass myself.

And here you go saying to Bob no tutorial yet Barry says nice to see a round one come off round. How just skill??? or a mystical secret method handed down through the ages.:) called what practice? or is this number 25 of the 2 dozen practices pieces relatives are getting.;)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice & pretty scrollsaw cutting here Glenn .................:thumb:....................MB

Hi praise coming from you Marshall. If any of you guys have missed Marshall's work, go back and check it out; very nice stuff. His posts gave me the idea to scroll something for mom.

a mystical secret method handed down through the ages.:) called what practice?

I wish it weren't so but, it seems yes; practice, practice, practice. Many of my early attempts found their way into the woodstove and were happy to go; pitiful creatures that they were. Just go for it and you will develop a feel for your saw. I normally scroll much thicker stuff for G&G accents and such so the delicate items are a shift for me. I often compare fretwork on a scrollsaw to driving a motorboat. It seems like you have to get a 'feel' for how to direct the material along more than you force it to go where you want it. Very contrary to my normally clamped down, locked in place approach to material on a power tool ;-)