It's snowing on my computer

Don Baer

Staff member
My niece said she heard that if you did a Google search for let it snow that it would snow on your screen. I have Google as my home page and tried it and sure enough it snowed, snowed so hard that a blue button appeared as the screen frosted up for me to Defrost. Try it my, niece couldn't get it to work for her.

Worked...sure wish we'd get some real snow soon...I know, be careful what you wish for :wave:

Better be careful... my step son is a long hauler... he made the same wish... talked to him yesterday morning and he was in a truck stop in western New Mexico, shut down because of the snow... talked to him an hour or so ago, he's back on the road, but the weather guessers are all saying I40, I17, I25 are all shut down... he's headed east on I40 bound for St Louis.

Better be careful... my step son is a long hauler... he made the same wish... talked to him yesterday morning and he was in a truck stop in western New Mexico, shut down because of the snow... talked to him an hour or so ago, he's back on the road, but the weather guessers are all saying I40, I17, I25 are all shut down... he's headed east on I40 bound for St Louis.

Chuck you tell him to be careful out there, I was dead heading from Dallas to a coupla winters ago and a storm hit the pan handle and we had high winds and black ice all over the place, not fun when you rig wants to go one way and the tractor wants it's called a jacknife, to go one way and the trailer wants to go another. I finally pulled over in and spent the night where I was, thats about the time I decided that I really didn't want to be a OTR driver.

Chuck you tell him to be careful out there, I was dead heading from Dallas to a coupla winters ago and a storm hit the pan handle and we had high winds and black ice all over the place, not fun when you rig wants to go one way and the tractor wants it's called a jacknife, to go one way and the trailer wants to go another. I finally pulled over in and spent the night where I was, thats about the time I decided that I really didn't want to be a OTR driver.

Agreed. Growing up in Barstow (no comments from the peanut gallery) and driving down to San Berdoo during high winds (Cajon summit) was always a bad thing. Seeing a lot of trailers and wide loads smashed on the side of the highway was never fun. When they say wind warning...BELIEVE IT.

Agreed. Growing up in Barstow (no comments from the peanut gallery) and driving down to San Berdoo during high winds (Cajon summit) was always a bad thing. Seeing a lot of trailers and wide loads smashed on the side of the highway was never fun. When they say wind warning...BELIEVE IT.

Yeah, the wife and I were headed from Houston to Tennessee back when we were looking for property here... the weather guessers had predicted rain, but nothing really bad... somewhere around Lafayette the rain was so heavy I couldn't see the freeway, so we pulled off and sat in a Waffle house parking lot for about 30 minutes, watched the sky turn green and lightening flashing all around... after the rains subsided, we got back on the road.... about 30 miles up the road we came upon an 18 wheeler that had been blown over... looked like a kids toy that he was through and just tossed by the side of the road... no one was hurt, but bet the driver needed new pants.