Scrollsaw Stool for the LOML

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
If this belongs somewhere other than here in General Q&A, feel free to move it.

I noticed this stool 00961828000.jpg in Jeff Wrights post http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?p=28785#poststop

I've been looking for a stool for my wife to use at her scroll saw for a long, long time....and her birthday is next week!:eek:

I'm curious - Jeff, and anyone else who has one of these, how do you like it? Is it sturdy? OK for the back? Is it a good choice for scroll-sawers?

I'll check later today or tomorrow if it's available at the local sears. It's available on line for $70. Is this a good price? Anyone know of anything comparable!

Rennie

I have one of these at my scroll saw, it is ok, but there is no way I could sit in it longer than 30 minutes tops

It is not worth $70, I had my wife pick one up for me sometime after Christmas when they were $30 and that is much more inline with what they are worth

Rennie

I have one of these at my scroll saw, it is OK, but there is no way I could sit in it longer than 30 minutes tops

It is not worth $70, I had my wife pick one up for me sometime after Christmas when they were $30 and that is much more in line with what they are worth
I think you nailed it. I went over the the local Sears at lunch and had a sit on the stool. My butt hags over on the sides:eek: And mine's not really that big! :rofl: Not terribly comfortable! I think I'll pass.

Anyone have a better idea?

I think you nailed it. I went over the the local Sears at lunch and had a sit on the stool. My butt hags over on the sides:eek: And mine's not really that big! :rofl: Not terribly comfortable! I think I'll pass.

Anyone have a better idea?

ahem... we'll just leave that alone....

I use a lab chair for my shop stool. So... office supply store (staples, officemax etc...)

Attachments

• oldshopmess.jpg
    oldshopmess.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 40
OK - I spoke to the LOML and this is what she suggested as the ultimate scroller's stool
9020BL.jpg
Excellent back support and support for when you lean forward over your work, and the front of the seat falls off a little so you don't restrict blood supply to the legs.

Only one itty bitty little problem.

$800 each!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder what the used market is on these things? :rofl:

Last edited:
OK - I spoke to the LOML and this is what she suggested as the ultimate scroller's stool
View attachment 5921
Excellent back support and support for when you lean forward over your work, and the front of the seat falls off a little so you don't restrict blood supply to the legs.

Only on itty bitty little problem.

$800 each!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder what the used market is on these things? :rofl:

hmmmm I'd be looking mighty hard at an office supply store for a 'lesser but similar' unit.
bizchair1_1938_207608322
$98 and free shipping. bizchair (no affiliation)

Last edited:
hmmmm I'd be looking mighty hard at an office supply store for a 'lesser but similar' unit.
I have these in our AV booth at church. OK for a 1 hour service, but not-so-good for long sits over a saw. Also, it does not have the front support of the dental assistant's chair.

There are a few used office furniture houses around here - I'll keep my eyes open. you never know!:D