I got a gift certificate for Christmas....

I have the older version with the better (as Glenn Bradley pointed out to me once) plywood base. Other than that it is basically the same. I like it, but sometimes I wonder if it is too much and I could just do the same with piece of plywood and a clamped scrap for a fence.

ken i agree that a drill press table isnt something i would by either,, you got the time to make one that best suits you and so i would look at some of there other products there stuff is good quality and i like the color of it:) if i hadnt had a router assembly already i would love to have one of there lifts with the metal rings.. but woodah shouldah couldah... timing was off as usual:)

IMHO a drill press table will greatly increase the value of your DP. It will also start you thinking of your DP as a solution to many things you want to do. It is true I was disappointed to see Woodpecker walk away from what I felt was the leading design in commercial after-market tables for this purpose and start offering one that is basically just like everyone else's more or less. They do offer their fine track and fence fixtures as a kit. I would be tempted to add additional track to their kit and make my own as others have stated.

Things my version does not not have that I wish it did or that I have added:
- an offset round insert that gets you much more real estate out of an insert before replacing.
- a tall split fence.- dust collection.

Things it does offer:
- a 1" thick phenolic plywood top.
- additional inner tracks for controlling smaller pieces.
- a shape that allows the fence to go clear back to the post and still clear the elevation handle.
- a low profile fence and track with measuring tapes built in.

Attachments

• DP holddown-v2 002.jpg
    DP holddown-v2 002.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 7 Fence Clearance.jpg
    7 Fence Clearance.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 17
  • DP WP Table 002.jpg
    DP WP Table 002.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited: