Cherry Jewelry Box

great looking jewelry box, welcome to the site(posting wise), looking foward to seeing some flatworkers here....
must have driven by your home many times, as my kid went to Fredonia and we used to drop her off at her roomies parents home in lancaster.

Last edited:
i like it.. and if you still have it i would like to see it alittle closer,, the overall look reminds me of a entrance to a castle.. the thickness on the top level, is reallt that thick or are deciving us with your trim work.. very nicely done

It made out of 3/4 Cherry, It look thicker than it is, Thats what I was trying to do.Theres a inlay on top also. No I don't have it anymore it sold real fast. Im going to start on another one real soon. I will post some pictures when finished.

The next one I will take a lot of pictures and post them. As for a design I didn't have a plan just out of my head as I went along. I do it that way so everything I build is different not two the same.

Glad to see you come out of the shadows and into the light of the family Joe!

Your design and woodworking are excellent. Yes, please take pictures as you make the next one. Looking forward to seeing it made.

@ Rex: I bought the SketchUp for Dummies book. Not helpful. SketchUp keeps coming up with updates so the book has a limited usefuness. There are tons of YouTubes using SketchUp that are more than helpful, though. I've learned to look there first. Check out

http://www.harwoodpodcast.com/sketchup

Young computer guru but has a very understandable presentation.

Welcome to the family Joe, I can see why it sold so quick too. Nice change in design from the conventional.

One thing i noticed at Walmart this year was a Jewelry box that stood tall and had two half colums on either side which allowed the sides to fold away like a side panel door to be use for necklaces. Was quiet neat and if added to you unit would permit your hanging space to be reconfigured to other form of storage or more draws.
Of course down side is space is needed for the side wings to swing out.
Depth of the side panel was width of the half column in the front.

Just thought it was worth mentioning here.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

@ Rex: I bought the SketchUp for Dummies book. Not helpful. SketchUp keeps coming up with updates so the book has a limited usefuness. There are tons of YouTubes using SketchUp that are more than helpful, though. I've learned to look there first. Check out

http://www.harwoodpodcast.com/sketchup

Young computer guru but has a very understandable presentation.

Both Popular Woodworking and Fine Woodworking have videos on their websites that are helpful. The FW site has much more and many are done by our own Dave Richards. I've found them to be a great help and Dave has also been a great resource when I get stuck on something.