Not a good day

Stand fast and don't let seller or manufacturer get away with giving you anything less than 100% satisfaction.
It's sad that a high end item like that comes to you (late no less) in unusable condition.
From what you say about chips being all over the place, I'm concerned that there may be hidden chips in sensitive spots that could wreak further havoc when/if you ever get to turn it on.
Bummer all the way. Personally, I would send it back.

What a heartbreaker! You wait, and wait, and they string you along, and then when you get it, it's like a big slap in your face...geez, I hate when that happens! I think we've all experienced similar in our times...they must have really smacked that stuff around.

I thought the PowerMatic stuff was made in the U.S., guess I was wrong.

Stand fast and don't let seller or manufacturer get away with giving you anything less than 100% satisfaction.
It's sad that a high end item like that comes to you (late no less) in unusable condition.
From what you say about chips being all over the place, I'm concerned that there may be hidden chips in sensitive spots that could wreak further havoc when/if you ever get to turn it on.
Bummer all the way. Personally, I would send it back.

That is exactly the problem as I see it Frank. That's what I have been telling everyone. Where is that chunk of metal that will destroy the new head? AND, how do I prove that it was that and not a nail I hit in my stock?

UPDATE: I got a call today from WMH Tool Group (Powermatic). He offered to send a man out from Jacksonville to repair the machine. As far as I know, that is an unheard of practice. I brought this very subject up with him about metal chips in the machine.
He ask for permission to at least send someone out to inspect it and we will talk about the repairs. If I am satisfied that he can break the machine down far enough for a decent inspection, then we will discuss the possibility of repair on site. He is to do a test run before he leaves.
The fit and finish of the machine on the outside is impeccable. I'll let you know how it goes.
I must add, I am very pleased with Powermatic's response so far.

Thank You everyone for your support.

DT

Don

I am sure you have noticed this but don't think I have seen it mentioned. It looks as if the head hit the sheet metal where at least two of the inserts are broken.

I have circled where I mean..

I hope this works..
Garry

Attachments

• 100_1343.jpg
    100_1343.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 72
That is exactly the problem as I see it Frank. That's what I have been telling everyone. Where is that chunk of metal that will destroy the new head? AND, how do I prove that it was that and not a nail I hit in my stock?

UPDATE: I got a call today from WMH Tool Group (Powermatic). He offered to send a man out from Jacksonville to repair the machine. As far as I know, that is an unheard of practice. I brought this very subject up with him about metal chips in the machine.
He ask for permission to at least send someone out to inspect it and we will talk about the repairs. If I am satisfied that he can break the machine down far enough for a decent inspection, then we will discuss the possibility of repair on site. He is to do a test run before he leaves.
The fit and finish of the machine on the outside is impeccable. I'll let you know how it goes.
I must add, I am very pleased with Powermatic's response so far.

Thank You everyone for your support.

DT

That sure is a gesture of good faith. If, make that IF he does as he says he will you should be alright. Minus, of course, the delays and frustration. Keep us informed.

Don

I am sure you have noticed this but don't think I have seen it mentioned. It looks as if the head hit the sheet metal where at least two of the inserts are broken.

I have circled where I mean..

I hope this works..
Garry

Thanks Gary, yes, I noticed. I will be sure to point that out.

DT

That sure is a gesture of good faith. If, make that IF he does as he says he will you should be alright. Minus, of course, the delays and frustration. Keep us informed.

Trust me Frank, he won't just replace the head and leave. He will tear that machine apart and inspect it then do a test run. If I don't have 100% absolute trust in the machine when he is finished, I'll send it back.
However, so far, I am quite pleased with their timely response and offer.

I have just sent a report to my seller. I let him know that I realize this is an unheard of response for those of us not involved in a business. I assured him that regardless of the outcome I will make sure you all know who it was that stood up for my interests.

DT

Don, from your posts, you sound upset but not irrational. I am sure they appreciate that attitude also. Hope this gets positively resolved for you. Keep us informed after the inspection/rebuild.

Thanks Jonathan, they seem to be trying hard. I simply cannot complain as yet.

DT

I'm betting that beast will be worth the wait. Sorry to read about your problems so far, but sooner or later they will be resolved. As was already
mentioned, you're clearly unhappy but not being belligerent about it, and that approach usually gets the best results with Customer Service departments. ;)

Thanks Don. Now I can sleep tonight.

I found your original thread by doing a search for 209HH.

I'll try to keep this short, but my reason was as follows:

I originally ordered a Powermatic 15HH from Joe at Osolnik Machinery & Supplies. I had a three month wait and when it arrived it was also packed in a solid wooden crate which was impressing.

Anyway, I had what I called an unacceptable snipe problem which I spent hours and hours trying to correct. I then decided I had paid a good penny for this thing and it should come from the factory in good working order. If my new auto didn't run right I would take it back to the dealer. So I called Powermatic service in LaVergne, TN. They were extremely helpful and suggested they send their local service rep out to take a look at it. And that they did.

After he corrected the problem he said he wanted to do a full width cut to check the snipe across the full width. To our surprise, the machine died(motor overload kicked out) after 4" into the cut. Anyway, he could not get the thing to take more than 1/64" and keep it running at a full width cut. The Powermatic specs say it will do 1/8". (No need to get into a big discussion on how much wood should be taken with each pass.) They sent a new motor and the results were the same. The field tech said the machine was underpowered or had another problem and told Powermatic that. They sent a carrier to pick it up and Joe returned my money.

I want to say, I purchased the machine from Joe Osolnik at http://www.osolnikmachinery.com/index.asp. Joe monitor my situation from start to finish and kept pressure on Powermatic all the time. I would trust Joe with my wallet.

Now I'm considering the 209HH. The Byrd head did a fantastic job so that's why I'm looking at the 209HH.

So Don, tell me what you think of the 209HH.

If anyone else has any feedback on this machine, please give your feedback.

Thanks,
Jim
Kodak, TN

So far Jim I love it but don't go by my usage as yet. I began the installation of my DC piping very shortly after I got the planer. I am very slow getting my new shop together. I can't move fast because of my health and I have a heck of a time finding good help. Once I get it all together I will have a ball using it and drive you crazy with usage reports. :thumb:

So far it has done everything I have ask of it and I would buy it again in a heart beat.

You are right about Joe, he's good people.

DT

Last edited: