I'm going to woodcraft...

he he he...

Just got home, we had a great trip!

Lori, Patrick and I loaded up in the buick, and drove to Richmond to my preferred (but technically not closest) Woodcraft, stopping along the way for some other shopping... here's what I got:
401d6d88.jpg

Left to right:
jacobs chuck for the Midi

Set of bushings for the router

three pen blanks for Lori and Patrick...

replacement screws for my chuck
(yes I suppose that does mean I had a screw loose somewhere...)

a 6" pocket ruler

some CA glue

and finally a pair of push blocks:

We love the show Diners Drive Ins and Dives, so we looked up where Guy had been in Richmond and picked the 'Dots back Inn'... which is a delightful small neighborhood Dive:

Here's Patrick posing for the 'we were there' shot... the owner caught Lori taking that image, and we had a nice chat with him... he even gave us a couple of pens.

541d49b8.jpg

and I picked up a mug, too...

Definitely worth the addtional miles to hit the Dive... excellent food, decent prices and kitschy ambiance. I'll be going back again! I had the 'greek' burger, whole wheat bun, with feta, tatsziki sauce, olives and pepperoncini, with onions and lettuce... home fries... YUM! Lori had a Reuben, and Patrick chowed down on a steak and cheese...

Last edited:
ned, how do you like southern living?

I like it... not sure how long we're going to stay right now.. Lori misses the boys up north, and we just found out we're going to be grandparents in June...:eek: so we Might be migrating back north... especially if she can't find a better job. The job market is very tight, and they're slow to hire someone from 'out of state' in the local economy. Doesn't affect me so much as Lori.

Ned, Grizzly has an excellent set of forstners that sells for about $29 for 1/4" - 2 1/8". It is one of the best values I've found anywhere. After using one set for about 1 1/2yrs, and finding no probs, I bought a second set as a spare. Can't go wrong with it.

Not sure if this is exactly the set I have, but it is close:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Forstner-Bit-16-pc-Set-Hex-Shank/H5677

BTW, nice gloats, and congrats.