Friday 12-30 Edition

Well we have made it to another Friday. Last one of the year, if the trusty calendar is correct. So for the last time this year, What is going on in your neighborhood?

Myself, back to the tavern today for another feast of the season. Kids always love the trip. Last week was a blast. Got to knock out a small wall cabinet for the wife/ head of accounting. One more week and back to school.

Going "somewhere" tonight with my folks, wifey and granddaughter, do not know what or where as my folks won't fill me in yet, its a surprise:dunno:, rest tomorrow and hit the road Sunday for the 1000 mile journey home. OH I am down in southern Alabama, 7 miles off the gulf shore on vacation:D

Out to dinner with friends tonight, some family time and shop time tomorrow then my MIL is coming over for some food and drink for in the late afternon. Won't be staying up to say hello to 2012. Sunday I'm cooking most of the day and then eating a ton later in the day...Bonus weekend day on monday all to myself so I'll be in the shop for at least 6hrs!!:D

Shop time on my new storage/bench idea, friend coming over later today or tomorrow to help me get ready for some added insulation & baffles in the house attic. We're just doing some guesstimating, don't want to rush into anything, ya know :rofl:...might knock back a few cold ones as well :D

Tonight, not sure, wife keeps asking if I get off early...so she's got something up her sleeves. Tomorrow I'm going to be pulling wires for new lighting circuits and new circuits on the North Wall of the shop. Will be bringing in the new year with some friends. Sunday, need to get front bearings replaced on my wife's car. Since Monday is a bonus day off work, I may drop it off for new tires & alignment, then back to wiring in the shop.

Not much happening in the Ellis household... may do a little work in and around the shop this weekend before the weather turns... trying to clean up the wood pile and get rid of some that's no good now... Sunday I'll be parked in front of the TV... my two main teams will be playing each other.... Titans and Texans.

If schedules work out, I'm planning to install about 90 feet of rain gutter on the front of my sister and brother-in-law's house. (It's my sister's Christmas present from me and her oldest son.)

Saturday night I'll be at a party with my buddy Jeff. With only about 5 or 6 exceptions, He and I have been together for every New Years Eve since about 1974.

I also hope to get in some quality range time this weekend with my friends Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson. ;)

Well we have made it to another Friday. Last one of the year, if the trusty calendar is correct.

Unless you live in Samoa.:rofl::rofl:

We're probably staying in for the evening tomorrow. I found an app that will let me watch the ball drop live in NY so we can turn in at 10 PM instead of sitting up till midnight. :rofl:

Busy day on Sunday with three services to to video, lighting, sound for. Saturday should be mostly shop time.:D

Last edited:
Working on the last pieces of my new dust collection pipes. (shop tour to follow). I put off a visit from the Ambassador a few weeks ago because the shop was a mess and I've been in his pristine shop and had dust collection envy......Just getting over pneumonia from breathing dust from the shop... Might get to start a bathroom remodel if I get to it.

As joyous as the holidays are they have cut way too deep into my shop time :p. I would like to get some drawer assembly done today and tomorrow before the New Year's Eve festivities begin.

shop reorg, cleanup, and Im spending new years eve, dinner with sil, bil and all the kids and bfs/gfs, then going to celebrate in someones yard near me, they rented a huge tent, looks like a circus tent.

Hot Diggity Dawg, I ripped down some old shelves and cleaned a bunch of junk out of shop. Time to make some more drawers and shelves!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, er garage! really, I can actually look all the way from one end to another with a relatively unobstructed view!

Hot Diggity Dawg, I ripped down some old shelves and cleaned a bunch of junk out of shop. Time to make some more drawers and shelves!

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, er garage! really, I can actually look all the way from one end to another with a relatively unobstructed view!

I may have to schedule an inspection visit someday!

working on getting the stuff together for the accountant to work on Taxes, LOML want to send it all in next week:huh::dunno: so I am getting all my stuff from the Business together ....:(:pullhair: Of Course I'm not going to mention that we won't get our 1099's till at least the end of the month...:dunno:

Last edited:
Not quite sure, we thought we had it beat but it looks that my wifes breast cancer may be back. The mammogram showed something suspicious so she has to go in for a biopsy next week. I had my first of 3 injections in the spine today. Hopefully they will help so I can get more shoptime.

I think that we will either gorge ourselves on boiled lobster ($4.99/lb) or possibly some Chinese food new years eve. Either way we will probably be in bed by 10pm. I can't remember the last time we stayed up to see the ball drop :rolleyes:

Driving half way to Florida...............didn't quit make it............stopped driving after 450 miles or so only 750 to go tomorrow............:dunno:

No reason to push it. I find my enjoyment of driving all night long has disappeared. Drive safe and enjoy your trip!

Well today was my last day at work. I know, I have retired 5 times and gone back.

This time is permanent. I cancelled my license to practice.

Lots of patients wanting one more eye exam before I quit forever. Sloppy good byes...Dang, we are going to miss yous...etc. So I came home totally tired. I may be able to stay awake until 9:00, but I would not count on it. I am bushed!

What gets done this weekend depends on how I feel tomorrow.

Enjoy,

JimB