Bandsaw 'tuning'

Ned Bulken

I'm in the midst of moving my tools down to the basement, and I decided to start with my Bandsaw.

I picked this one up used a few years back it is your typical HF 14" with a grizzly (I presume) riser bolted in-line. I picked it up through a friend of mine, it was his, given to an ex, and I bought it from the ex when she needed some cash. He built one Incredibly heavy base for it, I think he used prime well seasoned MDF, doubling up on it, to the point where it is extremely stable (as opposed to your typical stamped steel base).

He also added a formica extension table and a Fast-Track fence system. what on todays market would be sold as the Kreg bandsaw fence. Neither of which are on my 'hit list'... the table eats at least an inch of vertical space, not that I am doing a lot of resaw or bowl blank cutting right now. At least it was easy to remove the table:

I'm at a standstill, I need to remove the wiring from the motor to the switch so I can move the whole thing down to the basement after a good session with a shop vac.

Shoudn't be a big deal, Ned. Jut three wires from motor-to-switch. Disconect them from whichever end is easier - marking their locations - and reconnect once you're moved.

BTW, what the story on the pineapple in the shop? :huh:

Shoudn't be a big deal, Ned. Jut three wires from motor-to-switch. Disconect them from whichever end is easier - marking their locations - and reconnect once you're moved.

BTW, what the story on the pineapple in the shop? :huh:

my DW left it out there yesterday... the porch isn't heated, so she used it as 'cold storage'

re the wiring, that's my plan... open the switch box, take photo, remove wires, move saw, replace wires... etc...

If you're tuning the bandsaw up I would recommend trueing the tires on the wheels, it makes a world of differance. And make sure that the wheels are balanced.