African Mahogany and Cherry Jewelry Box (ALL FINISHED)

Joe Acquisto

This is a jewelry box that I started last week. It's made out of Cherry and African Mahogany or called "Benin Mahogany". I still have to make the drawers and decide how I'm going to do the front of them.The top is all inlays. I think I'm going to leave this one natural, just spray it with a water base clear. IMG_1074.jpgIMG_1075.jpgIMG_1076.jpg

Last edited:
The inlay around the top is band inlay I cut a slot around the edge with the table saw before I assemble it. As for the Inlay on the top center I traced the shape then I cut it out free hand with my trim router. Just take your time.

in my eye the idea for the drawers is good but ti needs to match above in the front of the top section..the width of chamfer and the divider between your veneers.. just my observations not necessarily right:)

Hi, Joe. Nice looking project, so far. I agree with Larry about the drawers. My eye wants to see them match the center section above, or to be totally opposite in some way. I realize the opening for the drawers is narrower than the section above, but I'd look for some kind of balance.

Great Googly Moogly Joe! That's beautiful!

So much attention to detail with the inlay and banding and angles and such.

Fantastic! :thumb: