Mix of all sorts woodworking guns die making and minature work

Rob Keeble

This link has all sorts in it from woodworking a rifle stock to making the rifle parts and way way more.

Warning this will hook you and burn time.

http://hamlertools.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Minature-Lancaster-Rifle/12051928_hVGG6V#857289916_j8kAE

Original thread began at Hamler Tools what a guy. I would just love to spend time with this guy seeing what he gets up to. All my life i have been a wanna be toolmaker. He does it all.

This is where this blog came from if you have an old Stanley and want a scraper plane check out this gizzmo from Hamler Tools

http://www.brasscityrecords.com/too...scraper_insert/paul_hamler_scraper_insert.htm

Who said spinny work was a vortex, they forgot the handtools and planes oh boy............sigh sigh :wave::eek:

Rob, I could be all day at that site. He is amazing. As a fancier of the old flintlock rifles it really captivated me.
I stole.....er....borrowed the link and put on my muzzle loading discussion forum.
That guy is some kinda talented. BTW, the shot with an Altoids box in it gave me a chuckle. Altoids boxes are a sorta inside joke with the muzzle loading crowd.

Well Frank i had thought of actually putting your name in the title of the thread because in all truth i was thinking of you when i saw it and hoping you get to see the link. Now i can rest easy.

Guy like this is amazing to me. Absolutely amazing. Would love to spend a bit of time with a guy like him just to see how he goes about his day.

Rob thanks for the great links. I am planning on taking a serious look at the first site when I have a few hours to enjoy. For years I planned on building my own flintlock from scratch with the exception of buying a quality lock and barrel. The plan was to wait til I retire. Laughable in that here I am, and so busy I can't find enough time. Used to do a little metal casting so it sure brings back memories and got me going. I am still looking for a high quality birdseye maple blank for the stock. I do have some good ones but they are only long enough for a half stock like a Hawkin style. I think I better find at least 2 stocks because the ambassador put a request in for one also.

Paul i hear a guy or two in Michigan have a good stock of them birdseye maple....in fact there be three guys a father and son and a old geyser with a long grey beard and naughty dog. You know all three culprits oh son works a molder so you know he always gets the best stock. Go twist their arms. Tell em its for a good cause.