Mimosa Goblets

Chuck Ellis

These are some goblets that I did last summer... they were an order I received from my website that the customer said she wasn't in a rush. She wanted a set of 10 goblets with an inscription on them... I told her that I would need payment before I did the inscription and sent an invoice. After several reminders, I've decided she's either jerking my chain or lost interest when she saw the invoice... even though I quoted the price in our communications... oh well, I've finished them without the inscription and will put them in my booth when the spring shows start... the last mimosa goblets I had like this sold right away... hope these do too.
Finish is polyurethane on the outside, plexiglas on the inside so they can actually be drunk from.
There is actually 10, but only showed 5 of them individually.

40-1255G.jpg40-1255-6_1.JPG40-1255-1_0.JPG40-1255-2_0.JPG40-1255-3_1.JPG40-1255-5_1.JPG

Yeah until Bernie made his response I thought you just turned some goblets out of some found wood to drink mimosa's out of ....................LOL

Nice goblets! It took reading Bernie's post to realize that mimosa was the tree and not the cocktail, lol. Sometimes it's fun to be in my head...

Yeah until Bernie made his response I thought you just turned some goblets out of some found wood to drink mimosa's out of ....................LOL

I thought the same thing Dan :rofl:

Very nice Chuck :thumb:

No it's really mimosa wood... these are my mimosa (the drink) glasses

40-604.JPG40-790-2.JPG

Chuck, these look great. how did you plexiglas in inside? Please explain.

I dissolve plexiglas in acetone to make a syrup like solution. Then just take a foam brush (you can use a bristle if you want... I just keep a supply of 1 inch foam brushes and throw them away as I use them)...and brush it inside the goblet... you can usually get scrap plexiglas at the big box stores... just make sure it plexiglas and not lexan... lexan won't dissolve in the acetone... I put a few pieces in the bottom a glass jar, cover it with acetone and let it dissolve... usually takes 24-48 hours... make it about the consistency of a light syrup - or thicker if you want - and it ready to go. If you need to thin, just add a little more acetone, shake it good and let it mix... use good ventilation when you paint it in the goblets...

Never tired to use plexiglass/acetone to coat the inside of goblets etc... until you explained it on this thread. Simple and cheap enough to try thats for sure after your explanation.............thanks