Villian Vrs Companion

larry merlau

ok this is to prove that looks are deceiving:) when you come home to this smiling face and a waging tail you think oh such a nice dog:) then you round the corner to the living room and see this:eek:DSCF4393.jpg this one was one of the simple ones that was used as a throw on the couch.. the other one was much more complicated quilting.

And it was the first, of two he got that day.. the house keeper had left for just a hour and half and the villian struck!!! but he still gets his food and treats and has survived longer than i would if it had been me doing this destrction:)
DSCF4392.jpgso far his rap sheet has 4 quilts, 1 blanket and 1 bed sheet..for his sake that should be the end of his crime spree!!!

barry he had been crated for a month or more before we let him loose in the house.. he done these deeds in two occasions.. the first one was because i got home late.. and the other was i think becasue she had been home all week sick and finally left to get some meds and came right back.. he had been loose in thehouse during the day for over 3 weeks prior to this mishap with no trouble but a bag of candy or helping him self to some dog food in the storage bin..

Last edited:
i think so he misses us,, but i dont want to have to drug him brent.. and we keep coming back:) and if you got any suggestions other than having him go to work with me i am all ears

Only way to do it would be a crate. Since Bucky's surgery I've been crating her a lot. First few days were tough, but she likes it now and will actually go in there on her own quite a lot....

Beats having to keep fixing quilts!

Such an innocent face :)

My dog has been doing the same lately. He will rip up newspapers, magazines, plastic containers, shoes, DVD's and anything left out.
Either I have to take him everywhere with me or else I have to spend 15 minutes "Bandit Proofing" the house. I gate him out of the living room and the upstairs. I have to put blankets over the DVD cabinet, put stacking tables over the newspapers and books, make sure all the shoes and clothes are out of reach, move the dish rag and towels from the sink in the kitchen, close the bathroom door, close my rolltop desk, close the doors on the computer cabinet and make sure no food is within reach. Sometimes he goes for weeks being good then it's all downhill for a few days. :huh:

Maybe while we are gone our dogs are online with each other coming up with ways to get even for leaving them alone :rofl:

Well I have a suggestion, get another one to keep him company. Last time i had dogs i had a pair of lab cross st bernard. Got brother and sister from pups. Well short story one died in a kennel. After that the other was ripping up everything in sight at my home (bachelor days) until i got home.

Boredom takes root. When the other one was there i had no issues. Even tried the dog in the backyard since mine was a totally enclosed property. Well it chewed all my new trees one by one. Treats and toys did not help.

My vote would be company...not the cat.:)

I'll take a shot at a little 'doggy psychology' here... Charley is a rescue dog, right? He was abandoned by his original family, either literally or figuratively, and now he's with you, and he's become very attached to you and Randi, but he's still remembering the previous abandonment and feels insecure about it. So, when you leave him alone, he's afraid he's been abandoned again, and the chewing and other destruction is a result of his insecurity.

The crate is the right thing to do. He'll feel secure in there, and as long as he's in "his" crate, he's secure in his surroundings, and not anxious.

My dog Shana (see the avatar) has been raised with a crate. When we got her, we crated her every night, and every time we went away. After we learned to trust one another, she was given the run of the place, but the crate is still in 'her room.' We leave the crate open, and she often goes there for naps, etc. and she sleeps in it (unopened) every night. If I yell at her for some reason (seldom happens, actually) she'll go to her crate by herself and stay there until she's not upset with me any more. The crate is her security blanket, so to speak.

So...consider using the crate for a while longer, and encourage Charley to use it on his own. He'll eventually outgrow his problem (if Randi doesn't kill him first :D )

well the crate is open to him if he wants in,, and i have put him in it when he hadnt behaved properly.. maybe i shouldnt have used it as a disciplinary thing but to me being caged was the best thing for both of us:)

I'm with Bill it was the cat framing the dog. The cat wants the dog out of it's house. So next time try pitching the cat out the back door before ya leave I bet the problem will be solved.:thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Larry I've seen this before in my son Jonathan's Black Lab. That dog is very mild compared to D.O.G. Count your blessings and put thing up. You may want to give him some drugs LOL