If you have a DSL connection consider doing this.

3G is working good tonight. This was done with their iPhone app running on my iPad. We were having issues a few weeks ago and knock on wood it's been working great the last couple weeks. I'm wondering if they were doing back haul upgrades to prep for LTE.

193819240.png

Here's a speedtest I did the day LTE launched in Ann Arbor, sitting in my truck with my laptop in a church parking lot.

1344874608.png

If we get DSL and LTE at the same time we'll still go to DSL just for capping reasons plus LTE serves private IP addresses so I wouldn't be able to access anything remotely. Frontier has a soft cap--abuse it and theyll send you a letter telling you to cut it out or pay $100/mo which sadly I still think is a good deal.

Last edited:
Just a small bit of history on DSL and splitters. Back in the early days, that's how DSL was installed. The telephone company would roll a truck to your house, and the technician would install a splitter at the NID (where the wire came into your house) and run a separate wire to where your DSL modem was going to be installed. But this approach was expensive because of the labor, and slow because a telephone person had to visit every new customer.

I was working in telecommunications at that time and, with several other engineers, we developed the concept and technology for "splitterless DSL", which eventually (and with some modifications) became an international standard. With splitterless DSL, the customer could self install the DSL modem. This opened the floodgates for DSL.

I hold a US patent on the splitterless DSL technology, patent #6,101,216 (there's quite a few inventors on the patent, but my name is first, as the lead inventor).

Mike

Just a small bit of history on DSL and splitters. Back in the early days, that's how DSL was installed. The telephone company would roll a truck to your house, and the technician would install a splitter at the NID (where the wire came into your house) and run a separate wire to where your DSL modem was going to be installed. But this approach was expensive because of the labor, and slow because a telephone person had to visit every new customer.

I was working in telecommunications at that time and, with several other engineers, we developed the concept and technology for "splitterless DSL", which eventually (and with some modifications) became an international standard. With splitterless DSL, the customer could self install the DSL modem. This opened the floodgates for DSL.

I hold a US patent on the splitterless DSL technology, patent #6,101,216 (there's quite a few inventors on the patent, but my name is first, as the lead inventor).

Mike

Very cool bit of history Mike!