Dialing back

Frank Fusco

No doubt FW has become an important part of my life. But, it needs to be only a "part". Over the past couple years, FW and several other forums that are important to me have been consuming more and more of my time. Add to that the many-many e-mails I get daily, and now Face Book, my 'puter time daily is often 5 to 7 hours. Way-way-way too much.
I have done very little work in the shop lately. The art gallery has asked me where I have gone. I have done no writing in a couple years. I have a commission to write a piece that is about two years past deadline. It would go into a book for the Arkansas State historical department and be there forever.
In other words, I have strayed from what is really important and have lost sight of priorities.
Time to get back on track. I actually had to remove rust from the bed of my lathe the other day. I'm ashamed.
Not mad at anyone here, just having a little burn-out.
I'll still check in but don't look for very many posts. Y'all are still, and always will be, friends.

Frank, I know how things like forums or just internet in general can start taking time away from family, work, etc. Keep the faith and have a wonderfull New Year....to you and your family.

No worries Frank.

Been doing a little more stepping back myself now that the upgrade/changes have settled down. Funny thing is this time of year things slow down with the cold weather, but with all the unusually warm weather, I've actually been getting in some shop time. :thumb:

Keep in touch, we're always here for ya. :wave:

Frank, take all the time you need. The "family" will be here when ever you check back in. I too know how we can get caught up in this "online" world we now live in. With my internet rates continuing to rise I actually thought about what my life would be like if I shut it all off...........well, business needs prevent that but I honestly dont spend nearly as much time online as I used to. It's good to slow life down sometimes. Take care my friend!

Understood, Frank. I've had to do a fair amount of dialing back myself for a variety of reasons, and still need to do some more. (I can relate to the overdue book syndrome.) Whether your visits are frequent or occasional, you'll always be part of the family around here. ;)

Frank, I've been in the same boat. My wife calls the box my second wife and claims I've electronically divorced her.:wave: Of course she's going though that middle aged hormonal change so I do retreat to the basement for quiet time. I have neglected my shop as of late and am just getting around to spending more time out there. It is quite a change to retire and easy to allow the day to slip away doing not much of anything. I have found that I am just tired so it's easy to veg out.

Frank, I can understand where you're coming from in this matter. I went through periods where I was involved in at least three woodworking forums along with part-time on a turning site. I had to get away from all of it for a while - partly due to burn-out and partly due to hospitalization and recovery. When I decided to start back up on a forum, I knew it had to be FW. Other forums might be larger, but that doesn't make them better. I'm sure we'll hear from you occasionally and I look forward to it.