Anyone a facebook page owner?

I'm just now getting my business setup on there,

Thread highjack warning! See that your just getting on Facebook, let me tell you a story about Google+. I have been on Facebook with my business for over a year now. Just now getting over 200 fans on my page.

Been on Google+ since it opened. I set up a business page as soon as they opened them up. Within 2 weeks of setting it up. I had over 400 people Circle my page. I haven't looked but I am somewhere close to 500 now 2+ months latter. One of the reasons is people can share a circle with friends and you can add all of them at once. That is part of why I added so many people so fast but I will take them anyway I can get them.

Good to know. I'm still getting accustomed to Google+, created the page there yesterday actually. I need to figure out how to manage the circles the way I can keep everyone straight.

This subject is a can of worms. I have only one comment to make regarding the topic of social media as a whole.

Before you go into it have a plan. Like any marketing activity dont get started on it if you dont have a plan on how you gonna use it and sustain it.

This area of marketing can burn you as much as it can make you. Some dont realize that before its too late.

You need to be strategic in marketing and you need to be deliberate not random. Thats my 5 cents worth.

Example

The new year started with some Photo a day posts..........what happened? I dont see any updates or am i looking in the wrong place? If so where was this ever mentioned.

So this idea was what i call a skyrocket. Yeah nice going up and fizzled and burnt out going down. WHY?

Last edited:
You need to be strategic in marketing and you need to be deliberate not random. Thats my 5 cents worth.

Example

The new year started with some Photo a day posts..........what happened? I dont see any updates or am i looking in the wrong place? If so where was this ever mentioned.

So this idea was what i call a skyrocket. Yeah nice going up and fizzled and burnt out going down. WHY?

Very good points Rob.

I think one has to evaluate some avenues in the process of building the marketing plan though. Building a lot of relevant buzz about your company is the point of the social networks and search engines love promoting the buzzy relevant content in their search ratings. That said, one has to deliberate in keeping the content relevant in this context or any related content.

BTW, didn't want to bore the members here with a post every day since it wasn't WW related. I've been uploading mine to picasa and posting them on my FB page. https://picasaweb.google.com/118439887436548433410/365DayChallenge

I think Brent and Ned are doing the same.

I need to figure out how to manage the circles the way I can keep everyone straight.

On a business page, I have not circled anyone so I just make all my posts public. If you circle all your 'fans' then you see all their posts and suddenly your are overwhelmed with post that have nothing to do with your business. That is my only complaint with Google+, no way to hide a circle.

EDIT:
I lied. Just went to my Google+ page and discovered that have added a way to filter out post from your circles on the business page. So I just added everyone to a circle and blocked all their posts from my made page. BTW, 510 people now. I am impressed! now if they will just spend some money with me. :)

Last edited:

BTW, didn't want to bore the members here with a post every day since it wasn't WW related. I've been uploading mine to picasa and posting them on my FB page. https://picasaweb.google.com/118439887436548433410/365DayChallenge

I think Brent and Ned are doing the same.

What he said...

http://brentdowell.blogspot.com/

Just seemed like spamming to keep posting them here...

But Darren, Ned and I have been keeping up. Ned and I have been posting on a photo site, and Darren Ned and I have been copying everything to FaceBook as well...

But it's not really business related. Just something to keep the creative juices flowing...