Had an absolutely wonderful visitor

I had an absolutely wonderful visitor today, 1-17-12. We talked and showed each other different things and the way we that we did them. I am proud of myself---I don’t think I told him any of my “old man” stories.

He showed me how to start making pens. (Pen Making Pre-School). He made a pen in Myrna’s favorite colors. As he made it he showed me how to do it and where to get the parts and equipment to make more. He also left me some pen kits so I can get started.

Seems like I should mention his name, it is Paul Downes. If you ever get a chance to have him visit you, TAKE IT. You will really enjoy the time and the visit. I had a day I will remember the rest of my life.

Larry Merlau knows Paul. I just don’t understand how that can be. How could Larry know Paul and not become one of the wonderful spinney people?

Enjoy,

JimB

well jim you rate right up there for sure,, and yup paul is a stand up guy,, anyone that can raise 12 kids has to be one fine individual, and i have met some of his crew and they are good kids.. and he has tried to get me to look at the lath and i even offered to come over to his place one day and got turned down so i took it that i just dont fit in the spinny world... notice i said turned down:) but he has been to my place several times and is welcome anytime.. wish i had been in his pocket the one thing i regret the most was missing you and glenns shops.

I tried to add a pic to my post. However, as usual with the new system, I screwed-up. I also lost what I had typed. I will try again.

Glenn was really sorry that the Tour de Wood did not connect with his shop. So was I, because I would have been there also.

Anyway it was your loss that you didn't see Glenns.
Anyway it was your gain that you didn't see Mine.

Now if I can get that darn picture in here I will add it. What I do is go to the icon row, select the 4th icon from the right. It asks me to put down the data to get to the pic. Here is where I lose it. I don't have my pics locations in my head. I have to go look it up. When I get back my reply is gone.

OK so here goes (this time I have looked up the pic in advance) C:\My Documents\PicsResized\Tour de Wood.jpg.

View attachment 64498

Notice the Tour de Wood that you gave me is fastened in a very prominent place in my shop---On the most used cupboard door in the shop. I see it many times a day.

Enjoy,

JimB

I have been so privileged to meet so many great folks here at FWW and Paul and his family are for sure is some of them:thumb: Great he made it out to the west side to say HI:)

Sounds like a great meet-up. :thumb: What was Paul doing down in SoCal?

Jim, you need to get Glenn to walk you through the new photo posting steps. Even though you did manage to get the photo posted, I suspect you're taking the long, hard road to get there. Glenn should be able to show you a faster and easier way to do it. ;)