I'm going to make something this weekend.......now...what to make?????

Tom Baugues

My new shop is about 90% complete. I have yet to make anything in it yet due to my work schedule and the fact that it's too friggin cold outside right now. However......I should have some free time this weekend plus our weatherman is promising warmer temps. I just turned on some heat, and my shop is now up to 33 degrees. I have no idea what I'm going to make but I'm going to make something. I got a subscription to WOOD magazine for Christmas and my first issue just came so maybe I'll find something in it. I just ordered some t-track from Rockler to make a drill press table but it wont be here till next week. I have some pen kits that need making so maybe a nice pen....Hmmm....all kinds of possibilities....I just feel the need to get out and make something......how about you?

LOL Carol. I might too now. I just watched the local news and they say the weather pattern for us has taken a sudden turn and now they are predicting a couple inches of snow and bitter cold temps. Oh well, I'm leaving the heat on and hope for the best.

Oh BTW...shop is up to 45 degrees now. :thumb:

Last edited:
I can do things out there as long as it's 45 or above.

I'd say, make something for the shop! Is there some jig you always wanted? Maybe a fancy table saw sled with mitering ability and doodads?