Hello from Texas

Bret Johnson

Hello all,

Just found this forum. I frequent other forums but enjoy being on as many as I can. I was born and raised in Texas and currently live in Leander a suburb north of Austin. I have a wonderfull wife who is very supportive of my hobby as well as 2 boys ages 3 and 5. My dad has been a woodworker for over 20 years and my moms dad also was.

I have been woodworking since 2006 shortly after my wife and I bought are first home and have been going full steam ahead. Over the last year I have mostly been working on toys and scale models.

Here is a 1/10 scale 1982 Scania 142E V8 Truck I just finished. I got the plans for the basic truck from a book by Richard Blizzard. I added alot of my own custom parts including the engine, transmission, drivetrain, wheels, tires, exhaust system, fuel tank, and bull guard. The woods used were Maple for frame, drivetrain, and wheels, Mahogany for the cab and Walnut for the Tires. Finished with poly.
DSCN4529.jpg DSCN4511.jpg DSCN4505.jpg DSCN4520.jpg

I am currently working on this stream train. The plans are from Gatto Supply
DSCN4760.jpg DSCN4763.jpg

Hope to make some new friends here. Share and learn new ideas as well.:D

Bret

Welcome to the Family, Bret! You've got some great items there. Looking forward to seeing more.

Don't let my location fool you. I'm still a citizen of Texas and proud of it!