Anxiously awaiting new toyl! Dang snowstorm!

Last month I posted that I was considering a combo jointer/planer because my Ryobi 12" planer had broken. Ultimately, I decided to go with individual units and bought a like new Dewalt DW735 for $450.00. Then I proceeded to glean my shop of unnecessary/unneeded items and sold them on craigslist (including my repaired Ryobi planer-new gear case and one drive gear). Finally sold enough to cover a Griz G0452p jointer and ordered it. Friday the 13th:( Fedex shows up with only one box and they can't find the other. I call Griz and let them know and patiently wait til tuesday to see if it would show. Nothing. Called Fedex and Griz inquiring what to do. Fedex says they have 20 days to find it but to check with grizzly to see what they would do. Grizzly asked me to wait because Fedex notified them that they had found it. It was to be inspected and if in good condition, would be delivered to me yesterday. Grizzly calls me yesterday and says sorry, it wasn't your package, so they're gonna send a replacement but, due to heavy snow in Bellingham Fedex wasn't going to pick up today! I'm beginning to wonder if it was meant to be!:eek:

Jerry

I'm beginning to wonder if it was meant to be!:eek:

The conditions have not changed at all since yesterday up here, but the warm front (rain!) is due later today or tonight. I would think the rest of the jointer should arrive next week, unless the expected flooding and avalanches delay it going across the Cascades.;)

Patience grasshopper!!! The tool is an inanimate object that with care will last the rest of your lifetime. It will soon be making memorable wood for you and you can grin at this slight inconvenience.

I've grown in my old age to enjoy the whole shipping process. The anticipation, tracking a package's progress across the country...

Sometimes its about the journey, not the destination!

I'm sure it will be there soon and then you will be making lots of sawdust!

Sounds like this falls into the "oh darn" or "stuff happens" category. I've had a couple of situations where an item I ordered made it to the next to the last step before being at my door - then - nothing. In each case, the carrier had caused the damage and a new item was sent with expedited delivery. Ah, well - life's short - and getting shorter for some of us! :doh:

Hope I didn't come off as being on a rant! I was just posting the process for conversation sake. In life you've gotta choose what to be up in arms about, this is definitely not one of those things! it'll be here next week and everything will be good!

It's here, assembled and ready to use! Fedex delivered the replacement stand for my jointer and I just put it all together. Works great! Nice and smooth and seems to be pretty close in set up. I'll dial it in over the next few days. So now my planer/jointer quandary is all resolved. I installed the DW735 in the planer station that I has built for my old Ryobi. Had to remove some material from the sides since the 735 is wider but other than that it went right in.Planer station.jpgJointer.jpg