It's Friday...What's Up???

I think the boy's are slacking off a bit. Last I checked, today is Friday, so what's on your plates? :dunno::stick::huh:

It's going to be our first rainy/snowy weekend in 56 days, so indoor projects for us. I have to do some werky-werk (can you believe they scheduled two meetings on Saturday?) :eek::doh: Probably some mail/bill work, just cuz I really need to get caught up and organized.

Then helping Brent with the cabinet molding in the kitchen to get that completely finished off...and painting of five new doors for up and down the hallway (oops have to run to town for paint).

I know, sounds pretty boring.

Get enough done so I can boogie out of town next week. Nose has been to the grindstone 7 days a week for the last 3 months. Time to go play for a few days. Headed to San Diego to meet up with friends.

unexpected, the Giants are playing San Fran this sunday early evening, so to celebrate the fact that they even got this far, Im having a tailgate party in my house(technically, outside, but only the bbq will be outside)
foot ball starts at 3 sunday, I have my son over at 1 to help me run the top through the sander.

nothing fancy on the grill, burgers, dogs, chicken, maybe even some fish, corn on the cob, knishes, salads, usual stuff.(I wont be able to enjoy it all)

BIL and sil with kids, my kids, bfs, and gfs, a friend or two, and whoever else stops by.
Youre all invited, plenty of food, and its nice to work out the new 70 inch flatscreen for a big game.

Tomorrow is big disappointment. Glenn was coming. However, a lady backed out of a parking in the parking lot into the side of Glenn's car. No one hurt...Just a great big mess.

I've been slowly making a gizmo to roll up (and down) a backdrop for photographs. I will get a little done on that. I will try my first solo at making a pen. Paul Downes visited me Tuesday. He gave me some pen kits, some stuff to get me started, and lots of instruction.

Everybody have a great week-end (I do. I carry it around on top of my neck.)

Enjoy,

JimB

Little late to this. Had all day Friday off, but worked on getting things packed and ready for our first photo booth event. Went by a check list and everything. Got there and setup the last set of curtains...and had an extra curtain rod. :huh: Yup, forgot the backdrop. Luckily we had setup next to an outside wall, we stole the outer set of curtains from it and hung them as the back drop. :thumb: Everyone that used it had a great time and got some good photos, hopefully some new prospects as well.

Saturday will be recouping and getting things unpacked from the truck. Have some 365 day photos to make up for, haven't had time even post, let alone process them. Sunday is suppose to be real nice, so may take the day off and enjoy some of it.

What a week. I love my work but, T.G.I.F. UC Regents meetings a couple days this week (remember the broo-ha-ha on the news about UC Davis and UC Berkeley?); cops, news crews and student protesters all over campus. The wireless network was struggling with the flash-crowd effect. Its amazing what can happen to your airspace when 1000 people show up carrying 1 or 2 wireless devices each and all crowd into a small area ;-) The only chance I got to get off campus for a short break was taken up by getting in a fender-bender . . . *** SIGH ***. I already told LOML that other than taking care of the insurance people and coming in for food, I am going to smother myself in shop time this weekend to de-compress :thumb:

Don't let the "Shock-Factor" video title scare you . . . no students were shot . . .

[video=youtube;4A0hdq87cOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4A0hdq87cOc[/video]

Last edited:
Saturday will be shop time after heading to the lumber yard to pick up some rough maple for my grand daughter Lizzie's bed. Sunday is my grand daughter Abby's 6th birthday. For some reason they are having the whole party at a local bowling alley :dunno:
Got to be home by 3:00 so I can watch the Pats beat the Ravens so they can beat the Giants :D

I haven't had a good Knish in a long time. Sounds like a great time Allen:thumb:

Finishing up counter tops for the world famous Dave's mini donuts.

Chuck, does this include test driving the counter and sampling the product?:D

Barn work this morning. Temps have moderated a bit and finally a little snow on the ground (just enough to plow, so had a half hour of tractor therapy last night:thumb:). Turn the old horses out to play, cleanout, build some hay feeders to see if we can reduce the amount of hay contamination in the sheep fleece.

Shop time after that. Maybe build some sort of rack to organise all the chains and rigging laying around the barn floor.

Have a great weekend everyone:wave:

dresser work with dad,, now to glenns video, wouldnt the parents just be elated about there children spending there hard earned dollars doing this sorta of thing.. what were they complaining about?

Start looking for a vent-less gas fireplace this AM for the living room remodel, going to a Micro brewery this afternoon with my son and dil and tomorrow start sorting out and cleaning for my shop expansion:)

Tom, check the Northern Too catalog. We bought one from them at much-much lower prices than local retailers and are very delighted with it. Was a near life saver (no exxageration) during the 2009 ice storm power outages.

Yesterday came back from VA hosp. after some tests.
Today, giving a demo, really more of a talk, to my woodturning club about my stabilizing set-up and technique.
Afterwards, crash and watch sports on TV.
Tomorrow, church then home to read and be lazy some more.

... and tomorrow start sorting out and cleaning for my shop expansion:)

That must be exciting. I remember you posting about some ideas you had, but I am not sure what you decided to do.

As for myself, I have a side table project to get back to, now that the bench is 99% complete. I will also be drilling some needed holes in the bench top and maybe building some storage boxes to set on the bench shelf. I thought a small wood box that I could store my bench hooks and other bench accessories would be better than just throwing them down on the bench shelf. I probably will also build a few fixtures for the bench.