Freud Blade, best deal

need to replace the ripping blade, glue line rip. 1/8" where is the best deal your tool time shoppers? Freud only!!!

Larry, any reason Freud only??? I know they are good blades, but there are others out there that are good also. I know of a ripper that is on sale for about $45.00 right now. Won't offer the brand if you are hard set on Freud only. Jim.

edit: Well, looks like the sale price is off...normal price is 51.90

Last edited:
well jim, i have got one coming now but i will still answer you and feel that if you have a good alternative then others may like to know.. i have had excellent luck with the freuds, i have two other blades that are quality blades and the ripping one i have has stood up the best of any blade i have used. i have used cmt blades and some others as well.. but if something works aswell as this blade has for me i am going to stay with it:) if i could have found one of those gold ones like alan bienlien uses then i would have got it:) i listen to those who have actually used a blade and put it threw it courses ...thats whats nice about the forum folk if it works they tell you, if not they tell you that as well:)

do you resharpen you saw blades larry? if so, how long or how many times can you resharpen it until you decided to replace it?

yes i have them resharpened allen,, and that is what will happen to this one but i had no spare:( so that is why i ordered the second one that way while one is gone for 2 weeks i can have one to use..

Almost sounds like you don't have a local sharpener or they are real busy.

I got a good deal on a Freud GLR blade a few years back. Sears was having a sale buy 1 get one free. So a buddy of mine & I split the cost on that and the same deal on a drawer lock corner joint bit. I still haven't totally figured out the drawer bit. But the blade is great.